The online racing simulator
Licence Plate
(33 posts, started )
Changing plate color,
It's horrifying enough to see driver names in all colours of the rainbow, I don't want to see any race cars with orange/blue/pink/red plates on it. But I suggest that both, the front and rear plates would be white or yellow, and this could be choosed in the driver options.

Texturing the plate +1
I'd like to see this one happen, to give the plate some looks. It may ruin the screenshots now, but if it had round edges and a border, it wouldn't look so alien anymore.

And the (city)drivers could entertain themselves making (crappy) textures for different states or countries.
-1 for individual textured plates, i've seen enough sillyness on plates to remove my faith in humanity. It's appalling that circuit racers have to put up with drivers in t shirt and shorts via that hack (which should be restricted to drifting servers in my opinion), let alone stomach the offensive number plates that some people run. I just feel this would spoil the game to some extent.

+1 for more national plates with fixed local textures, I see no harm in having several number plate textures and allowing drivers or servers to choose which one to use. This way if somebody wants to retexture their own plate they still appear like a normal plate for me.

+1 to removing number plates from GTR cars

+/- LX series

-1 removing plates from TBO class cars.

-1 for individual toggles, it'd look wierd with some cars having it on and some having it off.
Totally agree, Becky Rose.
I agree with Becky Rose, but i think individual toggles isn't a bad idea. All the road cars should have the option to turn off plates, not just the TBO cars.
+1

yeah.. get rid of the plates... ...or make them skinable,
so they could be used in cups/leagues etc.

yes, some of the cars are roadcars...
...but are we driving on public streets and roads in LFS???

NO ..we are driving on RACETRACKS.
#31 - aoun
Quote from XCNuse :? im somewhat lost about why one would hate it

if anything about an improvement for the license plate, i would suggest it have a .dds texture on it to give it some look (or.. atleast be able to change the look/color of it)

Thats what i planned on saying.. so much better..
+1 For a part of the skin .jpg file with a custom liscense plate.
BUMP!!
:bump:

I was just thinking of this last night, having the license plate as part of the skin, to be able to make some nice background watermarks and borders, but still be able to put your own text onto it in game, for those who can't make skins.

I also like the idea of having a toggle on/off thing for the GTR's.

So yeah, I'd like to see a few options added to change the look of the plate, even one to be able to choose your countries license plate would be good.

Licence Plate
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG