The online racing simulator
Stupid newb question re pitstops
(26 posts, started )
During a race, HOW???

Can drive the car down pit lane ok

But how do i make it a pit stop?
#2 - Jakg
Quote from Gougoodthing :During a race, HOW???

Can drive the car down pit lane ok

But how do i make it a pit stop?

stop in one of the yellow boxes!
and press F12 if you want to change settings like tires, suspensions settings, fuel ..... have a look at this before you pit
AAH!

(so any yellow box, to complete the I am stupid theme?)
#5 - Jakg
cheers!
Don't always say you're stupid - everything you ask is what we had to learn, too. You aren't stupid, if you were, you would wreck and ruin races because pitting "doesn't work in this f*** game"
i was actually wondering the same question about pitstops, only I hadnt done any long races so it didnt matter too much...until i started getting bent wheels in short races
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :Don't we seem to have acquired lot of new racers in the last couple of months?

Has there been some major publicity recently in the wider gaming world or are they sim racers coming from other sims?

Having joined August first (a month and a half ago!) I belive I fall into that catagory!

Speaking for myself, personally, I didn't come from another racing game. I was, infact, talking to a Finnish friend of mine on a diffrent game entirely, and she mentioned it as being a highly realistic simulator. I liked cars already . I downloaded it, was interested, and forgot about it for a week. A week later, I found my old wheel, plugged it in, feel in love...
:lovies3d:

As for everyone else, I have no idea how they found LFS, because I'm not then. But a poll sounds like a good idea...
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I could say that there is a starting invasion of people who have less than average sim experience
I can only speak for myself; my online sim-racing experience started with GPL (since GPL came out I've raced it online) and Nascar2003..I guess I'm not the 'average' LFS-Beginner..but there are always questions to be answered when starting with a new sim..
I had no sim experience or even online game experience, when I started with LFS in januray 2005.

So I guess, LFS is a good starting point.
#13 - robt
Get back to keyboard zeug! I want to beat u easily again, rather then just by a small margin. Im the only kb-er now i race i think
You DONT beat me by small margins now. At least on most tracks.

I think, we should do it the other way round and you should get a wheel.
#15 - robt
If you fancy building me a room i could possibly fit my pc and a wheel in at the same time be my guest! oh and buying it for me :P
and i can stil beat u in rwd cars most of the time.
How long has it been, until you saw my drive a RWD car last time?

I can even control the LX6 a bit now. Come on a LRF/WE1R server next time, you see me there and we'll see.
#17 - robt
hows about now? :P
gonna KB the lx6 and see what i can do
Hm. In 30 minutes ok?
#19 - robt
ok, i might be with kringle in demo servers, but if u PM me on crc site it should send me an email so ill know ur there. if not see u at half past!
#20 - robt
It was a draw. I still beat zeug on the tricky tracks hehe. Oh well, a rematch another time!
You beat me on SO Sprint 1 reversed, which is 55 seconds long. I beat you on Westhill reversed, which is 1 minute and 55 seconds long. Enough said about the trickier track.
#22 - robt
lol but u only beat me on pb's. i actually beat u in quali at westhill! and anyway, that was my 1st 2 laps round there, you were on your 42nd! only beat me by about 0.8 sec on pb's i think.
My LFS experience started when I played the S1 Demo for the first time...
mine, too. One time there was the S1 demo on the CD of an issue of GameStar (a german gaming magazine) - my first corner: NFS-style, 120km/h, trying to drift... welcome to the ... grml... can't find the word in english, the german version is "Kiesbett"

(26 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG