The online racing simulator
LFS Cool Gear...
(32 posts, started )
LFS Cool Gear...
This might be a minor suggestion but I guess posting this in the suggestion forum will not be accepted so I post it here...

I have been airing out some stuff with friends and they all think it would be cool to have some cool LFS gear... Ex. caps and tshirts...
I havent been able to make an example of how the caps should be but would be cool to have maybe the LFS logo and a car on front and the lfs.net url at the back.. maybe a car on one of the sides....
I do have been able to make a few examples of tshirts.. Shirts in different color but with same car, LX6... I do hope someone find them nice and I do hope that some will be able to be purchaseable in the future...
The url for the shirts are found here.
Having an LFS t-shirt would be cool. I recently made some shirt designs for me and bob which we poudly wore to the karting meet.

I would like to maybe see a LFS shirt design competition in which the arty or even the not so arty racers could submit a number of designs which represent lfs and then maybe we could get the devs to pick out what they think is the best design and then get some printed...

Those t-shirts you have designed there are quite nice and simple but i am not sure about the lx

mad
Quote from Madman_CZ :Having an LFS t-shirt would be cool. I recently made some shirt designs for me and bob which we poudly wore to the karting meet.

I would like to maybe see a LFS shirt design competition in which the arty or even the not so arty racers could submit a number of designs which represent lfs and then maybe we could get devs to pick out what they think is the best design and then get some printed...

Those t-shirts you have designed there are quite nice and simple but i am not sure about the lx

mad

Having a tshirt compitition would be cool... I've been missing ways to show around LFS for my friends that never heard of it and other people... If tshirts would be purchaseable, I would need 7 shirts... 1 for each day
The LX6 was used only as an example.. I didn't mean that all tshirts should be like that...
blackfang, how long have you been using those shirts in real life?
How those logos and picture is "printed" in shirt? Due to size...I think it would
be quite hard to make shirt what will last 2-3 year common wearing

I belive so big printed area will get cracks and bumps in few washing
i don't thing it will crack if it is applied right.
Quote from MorroW :blackfang, how long have you been using those shirts in real life?
How those logos and picture is "printed" in shirt? Due to size...I think it would

If your asking me if I have used LFS tshirts, no (there are none on market)...
I have tshirts that have large prints all over which I've had for years...
Like "Eagle Guitars" tshirt, where the whole front is a big "picture"...
True, some of the tshirts I have have lost a lill on the edges but not that much to tell...
The tshirts I made was just examples.. It doesnt mean that the prints has to be that big or anything....

Quote from Rappa Z :i don't thing it will crack if it is applied right.

True, it all comes down to how its applied and what type of "stuff" they use to make it...
Quote from MorroW :I think it wouldbe quite hard to make shirt what will last 2-3 year common wearing

Well what you could do is what me and bob have done... instead of having the designs printed with that plasticy coating which yes does crack, melt (ironing) tear off etc .. is actually get it printed with ink. Proper ink used on cloathing. Now there is a slight problem that we found out and that was that the ink slowly started to wash out with each wash and the colours faded a little. I think though if you get it printed by descent printers the shirts for you they will last a lot longer....

mad
I think I've got enough already.

Madman - I hand washed my t-shirt, hasn't faded at all. Avoid machine maching!
Quote from MorroW :blackfang, how long have you been using those shirts in real life?

Thermal transfer film (like HotMark for example) is a printing technique that lasts long in rough use and even 80-90 celsius degrees of washing.

The downsides are:
- Every picture for every shirt must have processed and printed individually, few shirts are cheap to make but 100 shirts would cost like hell because of the amount of work that has to be done.
- Unlike silk print (that's the nike-logo in your made in china -shirt that starts crushing after 2 washes and is ruined after 10. most popular printing method) every single color needs it's own film and more colors = more film & more work = more cost

A Bonus pic, few shirts I made with HotMark printing
Quote from Bob Smith :I think I've got enough already.

Madman - I hand washed my t-shirt, hasn't faded at all. Avoid machine maching!

lol a LiveForSpeed hip-flask!

There's a deep and profound message in there somewhere about drink-driving......possibly
Quote from sinbad :lol a LiveForSpeed hip-flask!

There's a deep and profound message in there somewhere about drink-driving......possibly

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... Thats accturally a pretty good one...
The DADG rule.... Drink And Drive Guys....
Yeh.. Bob is very proud of his hip flask!
Making gear? Cafe press springs to mind ...
I would buy a liscense plate bracket that said
"my other car is a (fill in your favorite LFS car)"
Keyrings, bottle openers and lighters!

(well, keyrings perhaps, but T-shirts please at least )
LFS Cigars!!!!!
not sure about bottle openers, some people may link that to drink driving, street racing and what have you...

am a big fan of keyrings though a nice lx6 dangling on my yes would be sweeet I tell ya
There have acctually been made Tons of LFS Gear however that site is closed atm as far as i know.. and by gear i mean (official gear) last thing i heard were that it was under a rebuild with new management
Correct. I have a LFS tshirt and hoody from Drivers Emporium.
Does anyone know if/when drivers emporium will be back up? I went to buy some stuff there a while back and found it was gone I would love an lfs t-shirt tho. I thought maybe plain black with the LFS logo printed on it would look good.
AFAIR it won't be back, as the license and stuff was sold to ..(insert name here ) Racing, cannot remember.

Making your own is great fun, and easy, and as Bob said, if you look after it ( you wash it and not your wife/mum, and avoid machine ) it will last for ages.
Quote from Fordman :AFAIR it won't be back, as the license and stuff was sold to ..(insert name here ) Racing, cannot remember.

Making your own is great fun, and easy, and as Bob said, if you look after it ( you wash it and not your wife/mum, and avoid machine ) it will last for ages.

I've accturally got some info that there will come tshirts and stuff, official LFS ones, but when it will be available I do not know... All I know is that it will come, in the future... Not TO long I hope.. hehe... I really want a tshirt and a cap
An LFS cap would be AWESOME! LFS shirts, coffee mugs, that would be nice. It would definitly spread the word around.

LFS Cool Gear...
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG