The online racing simulator
Lost connection to Host
(8 posts, started )
Lost connection to Host
I've been trying to play for at least 1 hour but ive been getting this message "lost connection to host".....as far as I know my internet connection is alright.

Do u guys know if the servers/host is working properly at the moment? or Should i download one of those new patches???

Thanks in advance=]
You should download the patches, but that isn't the problem. Have you tried different servers? firewall? Dunno, just wanted to say something
Quote from Drakkula :I've been trying to play for at least 1 hour but ive been getting this message "lost connection to host".....as far as I know my internet connection is alright.

Do u guys know if the servers/host is working properly at the moment? or Should i download one of those new patches???

Thanks in advance=]

iv been getting similar messages on and off for a while along with could not get track/player info, username already online and loads of other errors getting pretty annoyed with my connection
ive never had problems with my firewall......

im trying to play on different servers but i keep on getting the same message from the ones ive been to......

I was with my messenger(msn) open and I was having problems with it too...its working fine now.....LFS is not ok though.....
Quote from gingerman87 :iv been getting similar messages on and off for a while along with could not get track/player info, username already online and loads of other errors getting pretty annoyed with my connection

as I can see you are from Scotland, arent u? I live in Edinburgh....coincidence???
must be a scottish thing
lol im about an hour north from there
see u on the track (if i can get it to work lol)
You know, servers are all around the world, and the nearest to you should perform the best. Ping matters, but the most important is stability of you ISP. One day it rocks, another may be sucks. May be something happened on the route from you to lfs server, it consists of many hops, believe me. To find out how stable is your ISP now, you can use ping plotter (this is the name of the application). Trace google.com for about an hour and look at the results. Is the line stable green? If no - there were some problems with the connection during the test and with some probability you can timeout at lfs server, but this is not a rule (remember, different geographic, different routes). Usually something is wrong with the "last mile", i.e. your connection to ISP. Upgrading to broadband is highly recommended, but for example, for ADSL2+ you go to find the speed that suits your phone line, rather than setting 24Mbps..
Ive been playing in the same team/server for at least 40mins now.....things seem to be getting better now=]

i usually get pings between 30 and 60...which i think is pretty good...
i will avaluate my connection by using this stuff you have suggested....cool...thanks!!=]
-
(SabersKunk) DELETED by SabersKunk : withdrawn

Lost connection to Host
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG