The online racing simulator
What I do wrong?
(8 posts, started )
What I do wrong?
Hi!! I got something to ask. I need help with this.

After insane train with XR GT , finally I managed to average handle his restless butt in bends and keep myself on asphalt, but i got frustrated because after many, many, many, many attempts I can't lower my time in Blackwood. Best time I did is 1.37,69.

I attach my best replay here, if someone watch it, see it and tell me what I must to do for increase my driving skills.

Thanks in advance!!!
Attached files
Haduken_BL1_XRG.spr - 120.7 KB - 145 views
#2 - filur
  • Turn one to chicane. You slow down too fast and turn in too soon. There's still some space to your left. Chicane should easily be taken flat out if tyres are up to temperature. You loose about .8 of a second to split 1.
  • Turn four, right-hander after back straight. You've got loads of space to your left here, making the turn much narrower then necessary. You loose grip and slide thru the corner loosing time.
  • Turn five, S into uphill and split 2. You lift off too soon, you can carry more speed into the turn-in. You loose about .6 of a second to split 2.
  • Turn eight (last), you don't use the extra bit of road to your right, making the turn narrower and loosing speed. You loose about .5 of a second to s/f line.
Time loss compared to hotlap benchmark.
It's very difficult keep grip with this car!!! I only have to steer softly and the butt goes crazy. For drift its amazing, but in a real race it's very annoying. (I'm racing with prof. CPU as training)

By the way, I use keyboard + mouse

Because this, I enter with respect in all bends and brake earlier. Even so, the car always slide by the butt. What can I do to gain more grip with XR GT?

Regards.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
You could buy a force feedback steering wheel... ?
I know I know, that costs dosh. So does a license, but it's all money well spent.

Anyway, in terms of stopping the XRG spinning out at the back, this is a car which is always going to do that and although i'm not widely experienced in it I find the best solution is to pre-empt the slide with a little opposite lock. It might be that your setup is rubbish so there's no harm trying to get one from another player online, a little toe might help but I can't tell you which wheels in which direction because i'm at work and cant watch your replay.
As Becky said, some toe-in will help with corner stability(but will lower your straight-line speed slightly). I would suggest trying all the different setups you can. But if you are dead set on using the one you have now, then i suggest adding some toe-in to the rear tires..in general, that usually helps to stabilize a car that is oversteering.

Your main problem right now, is the fact that you are using the keyboard though. Because you aren't able to make smooth control inputs, so your car is getting out of balance through the corners, and therefore sliding around on you
I would say that you win around 1sec when you change to a wheel.
After driving at the beginning with the XR GTI some hours, I did change the car (XR GTR - OK, for that you need S2), the car physic's are totaly something else. You learn to drive an other way and to handle the car dif. Last weekend I drove a 30 Lap race on the XF GTI, during the race my time droped 2sec. because I drove the car an other way
So change from time to time the car when u stuck and after when you come back on it, you will make inprovement.
Oh, The XF GTI it's more easy to control and i got better time with custom setup (1.34 or 1.35, I remember) , But I don't like this car very much . Driving the XF GTI I realized that this car has better high-speed cornering than XR GT, but lacks in top speed. Also it seems to have better grip. This can be by FWD transmision or i don't have a good setup for the GT?

I have a wheel, but it sucks, it's a old cheap Genius. I tried 2 races with it and I lose my nerves . I prefer use keyboard+mouse while I get a new wheel .

The turbo.... I try to drive it 2 or 3 times and always the same (me spinning out of the track ). This car It's really annoying
#8 - filur

What I do wrong?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG