The online racing simulator
How do you guys use these settings?

So... how do you guys use those functions?
I'm a really noob driver and have no idea whatsoever as to what they do, and what would be best left on or off.

Any ideas?

I use a Logitech Momo wheel.
Thanks for your time and sorry for the dumb question.
It's entirley up to you . . .

The gear change type is

A)Normal, typical H box stick shift. What you get in your normal everyday motor.

B)Sequential. Changes gear one after the other in order. . . .Normally associated with paddle's on the steering wheel. Most modern high performance cars and bikes use sequential boxes. This is probable what you would want to use.)

C) Auto. Nooooo, don't go there. Learn to use the box. It's faster.

Throttle blip on upshift. Normally faster. But again, alot of this is down to personal preference. It means that every time you change gear the engine will climb in revs to allow the gear change to be smoother. It's a replacement for you 'manually' heel toeing. A bit of a cheat but no more than auto clutch which nearly everyone uses. Same goes for throttle blip on downshift, it eases the gear transistions. Just play with the settings mate, find out what is best for you . . .
heh he answered first :P
The difference between sequental and H-pattern is that for sequental gearbox you need only two buttons. One to shift and one to shift down. With H-pattern gearbox setting you need a button for each gear to activate them. So H-pattern works only if you have a real shifter in front of you (and it is H-pattern).

That automatic setting is a trick. Don't try it
How does the "brake help" work?

Should i enable it?
hmmm... I've never even tried that, wonder if its like abs or it starts braking for you :S
Brake help is like a very simple kind of ABS. All it does is to reduce the amount of how much your brake pedal is depressed, as soon as a wheel is about to lock up. This means it always affects all wheels, and can considerably lengthen the brake distance in certain situations.

Personally, I have everything besides auto-clutch turned off, and as soon as I get my G25 that will be off too. But it's entirely up to the driver what he wants to have turned on/off. The more options are on, the "easier" the driving is, but the less control and immersion you get.
Thanks for the help, guys!
Sorry, but what's heel-toeing?
Quote from BlakjeKaas :Sorry, but what's heel-toeing?

Heel-toeing is when you use your right foot to do 2 things at once (because your left foot is clutching)

so you would be depressing the brake pedal with your toe part and then using you heel part to manually blip the throttle whilst still braking with your toe ,usually as you change down .

SD.
Which is actually really difiicult to do in a road car because the pedals are too far apart . . . and it's actually using the two sides of your foot to do two different things. It takes quite a bit of practice to get right.

And Brake help. . . .Don't use it. There is nothing you can't do in the setting up of the car which means you have to resort to using brake help. If your using pedals you just need to adjust your braking power and your own right foot untill you get it right. Using brake help just puts another barrier between you and the behavioural limit of the car. Best you do it the hard way untill you get it right.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG