The online racing simulator
PCGamer September
(46 posts, started )
PCGamer September
lol love the scoop headline for lfs s2

still hopefully its a sensible review and not the stupid review they gave air attack a few years ago which was basically

"i can't play this, i keep getting killed, i'm a gaming god so the game muust be cr*p"
#3 - ORION
please scan, anyone
Quote from tinvek :lol love the scoop headline for lfs s2

still hopefully its a sensible review and not the stupid review they gave air attack a few years ago which was basically

"i can't play this, i keep getting killed, i'm a gaming god so the game muust be cr*p"

Hopefully, the PCGamer has come to Norway and I will buy it tomorrow.. I will then make a site on my web site where I write what the magazine wrote. I do hope that it get good reviews.. They do some good reviews and some crappy ones.... At this point I can't really tell what is lacky with LFS cause I haven't found anything crappy about the game.. I have completly stopped playing anything else and I will keep on playing for as long as I have inet connection.. Hehe...
There should not be any reviews bacause S2 is not in finished stage. What those are those "scoops"?
I suppose there can be a preview of lfs s3... kinda.. so they could say what will lfs will be like.
So it just arrives few months later to Norway? plaah
Quote from Blackout :So it just arrives few months later to Norway? plaah

Well, this said september 2006 and if am not mistaken, we are now in september of 2006
I haven't checked with the stores yet but I will tomorrow...
http://www.hkracers.com/index. ... ew&id=43&Itemid=1

the united states version are about 1 month advanced than the other countries due to publishing rights. tweak was correct that we did post this over a month ago, but it doesnt hurt to show it off again for people that have no seen it at all.
Ah, finally a release date - christmas 2007
Quote from FlyingSam :is the bmw sauber the only licensed car? i believed that the MRT5 and the RACEABOUT (RAC) were licensed cars too . at least both are real cars if im not mistaken .

The bmw sauber is the only real life car the developers paid a license for. The RAC and MRT were given to them so the company would get free publicity.
Yes, all three are real cars. But PC Gamer is staffed by idiots who only review Football Manager games and MMORPGS, so they wouldn't know a real car if it hit them on the street (which I hope it does). Gave up reading it years ago (except when I read a copy someone else buys).
Quote from Dennisjr13 :The bmw sauber is the only real life car the developers paid a license for. The RAC and MRT were given to them so the company would get free publicity.

'
The devs didn't pay for ANY of the real-life cars that are in the game. RAC, MRT, BF1.... they are all freebies. And nearly all the other cars in the game are really actual cars, just with different names and minor differences... they are all fantasy with no money involved
I think there was a article about PCGamer's sim reviewer in the last month's issue of Autosimsport. He wasn't a complete idiot and if I remember right he even had a real life racing background.
well, but if he was not an idiot, how would you explain that he did not find anything about "McGill Racing Team" or "RaceAbout" when he searched the web? It's all in the credits, he would only have to read it.
Probably because the other two real cars are the lesser of the 3.... and the Sauber is the biggest selling point probably. But hell... the preview was only a page, and not much was put on there in the first place. LFS needs a new magazine review on several pages, then it would get all the attention it deserves.
I never paid that much attention to the popup credits screen at first either, so that means he probably searched for "MRT5" and/or "RAC" which isn't going to give too many results, unless you count the breakdown company

The Sauber is named properly and the other 2 aren't which gives a false impression and makes them more difficult to find. If they were actually in the game as "RaceAbout" and "McGill" it would be better.
Quote from Tweaker :LFS needs a new magazine review on several pages, then it would get all the attention it deserves.

Im sure it will happen when S2 hits the final or finished version and that alpha tag disappears.
Btw. The biggest gaming magazine in Finland has made an article from the car sim history. I have the magazine in front of me. After this post I am going to read it. And if they have forgot Live for speed, they will get toasted
I read the GTR2 review in pcgamer and when I looked at the, alternatively, bit it just said Richard Burns Rally.....................eeerrrr, HELLO!!!!

But I guess it must have something to do with LFS's alpha status as to why they didn't suggest it, right?
Quote from Hyperactive :Btw. The biggest gaming magazine in Finland has made an article from the car sim history. I have the magazine in front of me. After this post I am going to read it. And if they have forgot Live for speed, they will get toasted

They didn't, but the writer had never heard of it and never played it and totally underestimatet LFS. You can see my rant on their forums...
Quote from Blackout :They didn't, but the writer had never heard of it and never played it. You can my rant on their forums...

Actually I can't. I bought it from store, and so I don't have an account there. But the whole article was shit. Pure and honest. The writer of the article suggests rFactor to be the most ultrarealistic racing sim ever and gives the best value for your money in long term. Just bollocks!

The whole article makes one to believe that a sim is more realistic when it is harder. Even an ape can code a "sim" that snap spins when you push accelerator and steer at the same time. It is just sad that people think that you need 50 coders and artists to make anything good.

The best comment about LFS was (translated from finnish): "LFS is one the best car games , though it is getting old and it shows". I thought rfactor was getting old with its 10+ years old physics engine (Sportscar GT) ...

[/rant]

EDIT: One writer is always a bad thing when you are writing stuff like this. But rfactor... :lol:

PCGamer September
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG