The online racing simulator
100 laps GTR Event on KY1 today on FM Private Club
Today 100 laps Oval Race with the GTR-Cars (XRR+FZR+FXR)

Free training 19.00 german time (UTC 17.00)
Qualification (3 single laps) 20.00 (UTC 18.00)

We use a rolling start with pace-car! (Speed limit 150 km/h)

Please add your name to the list below.
01. [FM]Crazy Harry
02. [FM]Dr.Bleifuss
03. [FM]^Laudi
04. {FIB} Lucasinio
05. ajp71
06. Catweazle
07. jegorchangai
08. PLAYLIFE
09. (EAGLE)SicSRT-4
10. xWolFx
11. Eleanor SpeedGT
12. TeamPlayersBlue
13. jayhawk
14. RevengeR
15. CJ Ice
16. [FM]Plaztikman
17. The_Duke
18. Tomschok
19. [FM]^Blaster
20. [FM]^Failure

If someone needs a setup, here you are. =)

edit: UTC time added

RACE RULES

We will have a single car qualification. This means everybody spectate and we run down the connection list.

You stay in spectate sice you see the message "(Your nick) PLEASE START YOUR OUTLAP"

Please no donuts and other things to heat your tires. Not everybody is able to warm tires without crashing. Warm tires are that important in the lfs engine that this will become unfair.

You have 3 laps. 2 outlaps and one fastlap. After you finished your 3. lap, please shift+s to leave the track as fast as possible because the next car is doing the quali.

After the quali you can pit out and practice some starts in the pits or mess around a bit. =)

Please stay INSIDE the pit area after qualification.

We have NO laglap, we do a flying start. Please use your pit limiter at start. After the race is started, a pacecar will pass all drivers and take the lead with 150 km/h (93 mph?)

After the first lap the pace car will spectate after crossing the start/finish lane. The message "PACE CAR pitted" means GREEN FLAG.

FM-Oval rules are simple:
Let faster cars pass inside, don´t block. Remember that they are 3 lines around the track not only 2. Maybe 2 cars want to pass you at the same time on the inside. Watch your mirrors, turn you head or go wide not to force a crash. The draft is huge, you can easiely speed up if someone passed you.

Obey the blue flag. Don´t slow down if someone tries to pass. Just go to the right side, stay high in turns and keep your speed.

In a 100 lapper you don´t have to shift+s after crash IF YOU CAN CLEAR THE BEST LINE. If your car doesn´t move at all, please shift+s to pit.

A pit stop in NOT required, but you have to pit if you use FZR. =)

Please join our ventrilo voice chat for the race. Also if you don´t have a mic or don´t want to talk. You can just listen. It´s very useful to hear something like "Car standing in turn 2 low" =)

Just dl the vent client under www.fragmaster.net/vt and follow the second link to connect to the server. Do NOT update ventrilo 2.1.4 if the program is asking. We run a 100 slot ventrilo. (48 slots used now)
Attached files
Oval-Settings GTR.rar - 587 B - 170 views
Sign me up, Scottie!!

P.S. Oh why can't you use "LFS Time" instead of German time? That's what it was created for...
Yeah, sign me up please

{FIB} Lucasinio

Edit: Cant get that setup, wont let me sign up. Any other way of getting it?

Anyone, would it possible to post the settings file please|?
#4 - ajp71
Sign me up please, I want a go at oval racing in something other than the bF1
Sign me in
@Lucasinio: Just enter the Private Club Server, someone will pass you some sets. =)
Please add your name to the list below.
01. [FM]Crazy Harry
02. [FM]Dr.Bleifuss
03. [FM]^Laudi
04. {FIB} Lucasinio
05. ajp71
06. Catweazle
07. jegorchangai
08. PLAYLIFE
09. (EAGLE)SicSRT-4
18. [FM]Spacer
19. [FM]Spacer
20. [FM]Spacer

i think this should have gone in the "Events" Thread
count me in
me too!
Count me in! I have a FZR oval setup i made laying around somewhere. Except, the setup isn't that good for the tires. I will try your setup.
I think this sounds like fun, i need to practice though. I will get back to you guys.
okk count me in TeamPlayersBlue
Count me in! [FG]Jayhawk
I have some problems with FZR setup everytime I take the last turn drafting the car like slides too far to the left and I cant correct it, causing me to crashAnyone help?
never really raced on oval, but count me and CJ in
Quote from dave4002000 :Please add your name to the list below.
01. [FM]Crazy Harry
02. [FM]Dr.Bleifuss
03. [FM]^Laudi
04. {FIB} Lucasinio
05. ajp71
06. Catweazle
07. jegorchangai
08. PLAYLIFE
09. (EAGLE)SicSRT-4
10. :: CJ Ice ::
11. Fusion.rev
18. [FM]Spacer
19. [FM]Spacer
20. [FM]Spacer

i think this should have gone in the "Events" Thread

THX
Quote from jegorchangai :I have some problems with FZR setup everytime I take the last turn drafting the car like slides too far to the left and I cant correct it, causing me to crashAnyone help?

dunno what to tell you, but I have the same problem. I wonder what will happen in the race, as many do not know how to pit on the oval. Expect flying cars, blocked pit entrances etc. and I suspect either (EAGLE)SicSRT-4 or Plazticman will win
Quote from PLAYLIFE :dunno what to tell you, but I have the same problem. I wonder what will happen in the race, as many do not know how to pit on the oval. Expect flying cars, blocked pit entrances etc. and I suspect either (EAGLE)SicSRT-4 or Plazticman will win

Crazy Harry will be up front with us as well....at least for the first 10 laps

Quote from jegorchangai :
I have some problems with FZR setup everytime I take the last turn drafting the car like slides too far to the left and I cant correct it, causing me to crashAnyone help?

you can't really do a full car draft into turn 3...it's too sharp and what you are experiencing is "aerodynamic push". By drafting the car in front of you, it is taking the downforce off your front end, causing you to lose control. You can either add more downforce with the front wing(this will decrease your top speed however) or just stay slightly high of the car in front of you through the turn and then pick up the draft again on the straight.
Sounds good. Please sign me up.
Count me in to

Name : ToM
That´s it. Race is full. THX guys. Good luck!

edit: Please do not use some kind of bit torrent/emule/Skype etc. while racing on the oval. It´s very close racing so you need the best ping you can get.
good luck everybody & see ya on track
Seems the master server is down and I can't get back in
I wasn't added to the list! WTF??????
(Although I can't make the race anyway... )
Im the first back, a series of crashes unfortunately.

Qualifyihg started, 3 laps then pit, one after another. The after the 14th/15th runner, Plaztikman restarted, which meant the qualifying was lost.

A quick ten minute qualifying saw the [FM] team have 4 of the top 5 grid slots, with myself qualifying 3rd.

A rolling start following the pace car, he then pitted and it was go. Unfortunately the 3rd turn i hit and got stuck in the wall, losing a series of places. I then had a couple of other crashes, which put me a long way off the lead. (Apologies to those )

Enjoyed myself, looking forward to the next one.

Im sure someone will post the race/qualifying replys later.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG