The online racing simulator
tire deformation in F9
(58 posts, started )
tire deformation in F9
we alredy have tire deformation... how put in f9 thing, like in the pic attached... yes it is upside down... and yes is made on paint...

but for me it looks more easy to understand... how much of contact patch of tire is touching the ground and how the tire deform through the corners...
Attached images
tyre deform.JPG
You already can see the where the pressure is being applied in the tires. Look at the bars above.
yeah, but i mean on the blue tire... show it like a jelly, moving side to side....
I would much rather see the whole F9/F10 menus to disappear. They are not realistic. At least F10 is totally unrealistic.
Quote from Hyperactive :I would much rather see the whole F9/F10 menus to disappear. They are not realistic. At least F10 is totally unrealistic.

A BIG -1 ! One of the many aspects why I like LFS is that I know what part of the car is damaged and I can see the status of my tires also. Don't take it away from me !
#6 - dev
Quote from Hyperactive :I would much rather see the whole F9/F10 menus to disappear. They are not realistic. At least F10 is totally unrealistic.

+1 from me

+1, and replace it with visible tyre wear and condition, and show the body and rear tyres (where applicable) in the mirrors.
#8 - axus
The tyres are upside-down in F9 for a reason - the top part of the tyre is sampled. Scawen has the lovely habbit of drawing things on the screen as they are in the game, quantitatively (the F9 view changes with tyre size) and qualitatively (where the things are in the LFS environment).

+1, maybe only leave it for race cars if they have those things in real life but the display is probably not as fancy. But I would like to have the temp data (atleast average temp if not split over the 3 parts of the tyre) in telemetry data. Surely race cars have that?
#9 - bbman
I'd like to have more people on the server (not more in the race, just more that can connect and spectate), who then can assign themselves as a teammate and they can overlook the telemetry for their mate (maybe even with pitradio? ) in exchange of getting rid of those two menus... I also like tristan's suggestion...

@newage: How would it be possible to read out data from the part of the tire actually touching the ground?
Quote from axus :The tyres are upside-down in F9 for a reason - the top part of the tyre is sampled. Scawen has the lovely habbit of drawing things on the screen as they are in the game, quantitatively (the F9 view changes with tyre size) and qualitatively (where the things are in the LFS environment).

matter of fact he once posted the reason why the samples are at the top of the tyre is because he didnt want to put any time into animating the tyre display
Quote from axus :But I would like to have the temp data (atleast average temp if not split over the 3 parts of the tyre) in telemetry data. Surely race cars have that?

Yeah, I'm not sure if anyone saw either the practice or quali (can't remember which one) for the GP this weekend, but they showed a close up of a tyre temp sensor mounted on the front wing of the Ferrari pointing at the front tyre. And they also mentioned that they have tyre pressure monitors in each wheel.

This has been discussed before, but as long as we have road cars that have settings that are as adjustable as racing cars, I'm fine having that sort of technology too. If you want to make them more like stock road cars, give us just half a dozen options for spring, damper and roll bar rates, limit the adjustability of the alignment of the car, don't let us adjust the gear ratios (maybe just a couple of options for final drive), etc etc.

Why on earth would you need or want to see your tyres deforming from inside the car? its fine as it is and easy enough to understand

SD.
Quote from tristancliffe :replace it with visible tyre wear and condition, and show the body and rear tyres (where applicable) in the mirrors.

+1
Quote from axus :maybe only leave it for race cars if they have those things in real life but the display is probably not as fancy. But I would like to have the temp data (atleast average temp if not split over the 3 parts of the tyre) in telemetry data. Surely race cars have that?

I'm ok with this as long as it is realistic... And we should defenately be able to view tyre temperatures in the setup window as in the pits. Maybe stop on the pit box and you get a "hud" showing the tire temps, like they almost do it on real life.
Quote from Michael Denham :This has been discussed before, but as long as we have road cars that have settings that are as adjustable as racing cars, I'm fine having that sort of technology too. If you want to make them more like stock road cars, give us just half a dozen options for spring, damper and roll bar rates, limit the adjustability of the alignment of the car, don't let us adjust the gear ratios (maybe just a couple of options for final drive), etc etc.

+1 to cut down and simplify the setup options for all cars.
Quote from tristancliffe :+1, and replace it with visible tyre wear and condition, and show the body and rear tyres (where applicable) in the mirrors.

+1, it is easy enough to tell when your tires are worn. When your tires get worn enough, the car will slip more. Also, the devs should make the tread pattern on the tires disappear according to the amount of rubber left. So that you could see flatspots on the tire.
well, u guys hijacked the thread...

if f9/f10 is unrealistic, take "F"(forces) out too, the in the world u can make the bodyshell of the car became invisible?? or the chase cam...

as for me f9/f10 is necessary for the game. irl if rear suspension is damaged, i feel through the body... car movement... noises coming from behind, how that will be possible on game(without buy expensive stuff)??
Keep the F buttons other than the pit commands as they are.

All that's needed is remote setting of pit commands (I.E. Someone else who you give a password to) changes the pit commands.
Quote from newage :well, u guys hijacked the thread...

if f9/f10 is unrealistic, take "F"(forces) out too, the in the world u can make the bodyshell of the car became invisible?? or the chase cam...

as for me f9/f10 is necessary for the game. irl if rear suspension is damaged, i feel through the body... car movement... noises coming from behind, how that will be possible on game(without buy expensive stuff)??

You mean you can't feel suspension damage in LFS? I guess I am just imagining it then.
yes i can feel... not in the same way irl... i dont have a wheel(yet), no force dynamic thing too...
But F10 doesn't help you feel the suspension....
Quote from wheel4hummer :But F10 doesn't help you feel the suspension....

:doh: What he was saying is that he can't feel suspension damage in LFS with his current setup as well as you could in real life, therefore F10 is useful...
I wouldn't mind wheels with real 3D tread that changes dinamically with tyre wear and flatspots... and of course, dynamyc dirt, grass and wear textures Then I could live without F9

And maybe proper modelling of suspension parts and brake discs. That part of the cars is very low poly and low detailed at the moment. Maybe in S3

EDIT: http://www.f1technical.net/for ... 8522f9408a43d255c9ff72967
Quote from tristancliffe :+1, and replace it with visible tyre wear and condition, and show the body and rear tyres (where applicable) in the mirrors.

A good idea! Let's throw a couple of hours/days of coding away! Who cares, Scawen works 24/7 anyways, he won't mind!
If you ask Scawen, I bet you'll he'd rather throw away his placeholder F9 window and replace it with visible stuff eventually.
I was going to suggest in the Wind Speed Indicator thread that IMHO I think the only extra information that should be put on screen is things the driver would normally ascertain through the car, etc but it's impossible to translate them to a computer simulation.
i dont get why people want to remove the extra features. they are not even show up on the start. you have to push a button to see them. they are there so you can analyse your replays, and during practises you can see how your tires behaves. if you dont like it then just dont turn it on! illepall

personally i really like them.

"unrealistic" yeah... blahblahblah

tire deformation in F9
(58 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG