The online racing simulator
Teaching the young
(28 posts, started )
Quote from Tweaker :Hmmm it really is hard telling a young driver what to do over the internet. .

Screw that , :P
Find an old abandoned car park or something and teach her to drive .... thats what happended to me severel years ago and, although i was into racing games before, just helps to know how to drive a real car to kind of grasp the principle of a sim such as LFS
Firstly, your DAUGHTER as you might have noticed, is a girl and is only 14. Im all good for girls driving, but just let her have fun mate. Dont apply pressure and let her learn.

I teach my brothers how to drive fast in LFS and on the track, its all down to simple advice, and letting them run riot. Only highlight the errors, do not tell them what todo They'll never learn untill they've done it themselves.
I would recommend MRT5 treatment on some of the very short configs, that will teach her! It's a very evil car you may think, well yes it is, but it also teaches how to drive smoothly and not to steer too much. When using short config it's more easy to see where the time is lost and how are you improving. That's the way I learnt to race, MRT, MRT, MRT, fun, fun, fun, whooops and a spin...and all over again from the beginning. Wheeee!

Teaching the young
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG