The online racing simulator
Help My Mates Laptop Keeps Cutting Out
Hi,

On my mates laptop it cuts out whilst playing LFS and also it cuts out on internet so LFS isnt the problem. I was wondering air flow but hes 100% that it isnt that and i have asked questions. But when the battery is out but on charge it cuts out sometimes. Does any one know here?

Thanks

Matt
Hi, i know you said you checked airflow/cooling, but as you probably know laptop cooling is crap to say the least, and LFS really works any computer harder than normal, so i think it would be worth you downloading Speedfan, software which shows the temperature of various parts of your laptop: http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php i think it is freeware, so it isnt a trial etc., if you find the temps over 70c-80c then the system is probably overheating somehow, but post back the temps you get and see if anyone else can help!

-Brad
ok THANKS he knows
Agood blast into the vents with some "airduster" (air in a can) can really help laptops that do overheat , turn off all unnessasary processes via cntrl/alt/delete, and sit laptop on a hard surface (not carpet or the like) helps too

DM get your mate to post his laptop specs in the tech help forum, it could be so many things.

SD.
#5 - JJ72
I have to put a full blown domestic fan next to my laptop whenever I run LFS, it's own cooling ability is pretty hopeless.
Quote from JJ72 :I have to put a full blown domestic fan next to my laptop whenever I run LFS

I'm a fan of blown domestics too!
Tried for an hour to get onto the internet just then with my girlfriends laptop. Same thing last night- and the night before. It's taking for ever to get a connection... I just sit there pressing refresh.

"Sorry. Your computer is completely f***ed!!! Please try again, and again, and again. And once more for good measure. Then again. A few more times. You're getting there. Keep pressing. That a boy. Should be anytime now. Nope..."

:wtf2:

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG