The online racing simulator
Garbled text
(12 posts, started )
Garbled text
On the two latest LFS S2 alpha releases, the ingame text has become garbled as well as the text displaying which car can be used on wich server as the arrows used to scroll through the server list.
On previous versions, I experienced no problems.
System:

Pentium M 1.3GHz
Radeon Mobility 9000 64MB
512MB DDR Memory.

In the below image you can see the garbled racers table, the every meter's text is also screwed up.
Attached images
garbledtextlfss2alphap2.jpg
Try extracting the abc.abc file from the alpha .zip to your ..\data\abc folder and overwrite the existing one?
I had exactly the same with my new Gfx-Card (ATI Radeon 9250)

look for the 3D-tab in your advanced ATI-display settings and look for the perfomance/quality slider and move it 1 click to the quality-side, that fixed it for me...
#4 - o000o
WOOT!.... Octane, I love you.
#5 - ajp71
I get this in GPL so maybe changing those settings would help, not in LFS though (ATI Radeon 9000)
Thanks guys,

setting the D3D settings in the Ati Device Settings to High Quality instead of maximum performance really worked.

Strange how some things in LFS are coded...
i dont think its in the code..think its because of your gpu or the drivers of it..
Each iteration of a driver set can make or break a game/graphically intensive app. If the driver doesnt know about the game, technically it cant display it as it should. Things like DirectX have helped through abstraction, and luck, but we can still get problems. i.e. HL2 only runs under 1 specific generation of the nvidia drivers :doh: In short, its not LFS, its ATI
dx10 is aiming to remove all that. cant remember what the new thing was though
Wont help OpenGL apps though

/me rants about the lack of OpenGL2 in windows
your drivers suply the opengl2 support :/
ah, but not properly. 1.1 is the only properly native supported version of OpenGL. Anything that run through the drivers, will run slower - surely?

Garbled text
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG