The online racing simulator
Really fast tire change?
(29 posts, started )
#1 - garph
Really fast tire change?
During the CRC LXEuroCup you have to pit and change all tires from road supers to road normals. So a few laps before I pressed F12 and changed the settings to road normals, when I pitted it took around 15 seconds.

However..

Another racer did the same thing, changed all the tires like I did but it only took him around 5 seconds?

Does anyone know how he did it so fast?
#2 - Jakg
are you sure he changed TYPES of tyres?
#3 - garph
Yes. Does it make a difference when you press F12 and change the setting? Like doing it while going down the pit lane or waiting until you're stopped?
how much fuel did you/he take

edit: did he really change all 4 tyres? got a replay?
Im dissapointed to see this here, I would call this an internal matter. Good Luck in finding the answer your looking for.
#6 - garph
All I'm asking is how to pit so fast. It doesn't matter if it's a CRC race or not. I'm not saying anyone cheated. I'd just like to know so I can do it.
Increasing the ammount of tire wear at which the tires are automatically changed could be an option.
Quote from illegal :Increasing the ammount of tire wear at which the tires are automatically changed could be an option.

Which is one of many things Ive already suggested, but it seems my answers or theories are not good enough. No worries.
Right just tired what i think he did to get a fast tyre chance is not to set the tyre to change but set the tyres to what you want and then pit, it does not change the tyres like a real pit stop but it does show that you have change your tyres and you can check it by pressing f12 and it shows that the tyres have changed to what you want, try it because it really does work
Crickey, that sounds more like an exploit for Scawen's attention.

So you get the same wear/heat spots but a different compound?
Quote from Becky Rose :So you get the same wear/heat spots but a different compound?

I am not to sure tbh i never went that far i just tired to find out how could he do a full tyre change in 4 seconds
OK, sounds like a bug, moving to bug reports.
Great, moved to a section no one will ever see it in, IF this is a bug, can it please be confirmed as a bug. As this now troubled series depends upon pitstops.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
This isn't anything new, but there are reasons why it should have been left in the dark and handled privately.
Quote from mkinnov8 :Great, moved to a section no one will ever see it in, IF this is a bug, can it please be confirmed as a bug. As this now troubled series depends upon pitstops.

It truly seems like a bug, unbelievable. And if it's a bug or not, it definately should be reported here just in case.

Internall matter... illepall
i think this thread is in the right place, after all it is a bug. i have a screenie of the driver who changed all 4 tyres in 4 seconds. he had his pit strategy to change tyres if 90% worn and pitted on lap 10. i was watching tyre wear and i would say that they was 10% worn at best, but when he pitted a new set of tyres were put onto the car. :S
Once when I was on a long test run prior to the GP at Fern Bay I rolled. It didn't bother me cos I just wanted to see how many laps the tyres would go for. I was on about lap 20. When I pressed spacebar to turn meself over I got a new set of tyres all round. It really p1553d me off. Wonder if this is a related bug.
#19 - Jakg
Single Player - Reset (Space) auto repairs your car and tires

BUT it shouldnt happen online
Quote from Gentlefoot :Once when I was young...

What Jakg said is correct, SP auto-repairs you. What you could do, however, is to start a multiplayer game with the status "hidden". This is just like singleplayer, but reset won't repair.
Bug in tire change duration
If u do a pit stop and select a different tire compound than the one you are just using,
u don't have to wait for tire change.
U need to wait for changing the settings but this will only take 4 seconds after this u got a new set of tires.
A normal tire change of all tires takes about 13 seconds

Tested with the fxo gtr.
in F1 the pitstop lasts only 6 sec and that includes fuel
Merged.
sorry didn't use the search option ...

Really fast tire change?
(29 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG