The online racing simulator
What wrong with the master server??
Hi,

I seem to be having problems with the master server at the moment. All the pings im recieving from servers are between 300-400 and I often wont connect to servers because I cant connect to the master server. I have a 2mb broadband connection and nothing running in the background. Pings on other games are fine.

Is anyone else experiencing this at the moment. I noticed it yesterday and its still there today.

Dave.
Same here
Looks like Twickenham has a power outage.
Sorry to sway off topic a bit, but I'm curious to those of you who have broadband with huge connections like your "2 mb connection". You say you are getting 300-400 ms pings. On 56k dialup, this is the norm for me. Maybe not that high, but you broadband guys often comment about 200+ pings (understandable, of course). What problems arise from you guys with these pings? I race every night on 250-300 ms pings and even up to 450 ms connected at 46.6k. I almost never have a problem. Do you guys still have problems if you turn autodownload skins off at these pings? Is it because you guys always have skin download turned on that you have problems? If you have it turned on, of course you will loose connection as soon as you enter a server. I do. I just have that feature turned off and download them from the replays. I'm just wondering why you would have problems when I never do unless I try to download skins.

I'm not trying to flame you here or anything about your problem. It is a problem if you have a broadband connection. I'm just wondering what the difference in high pings on a broadband connection is to those high pings being normal for my dialup connection is. What is the complaints about since I'm able to race nightly with those pings.

Good luck trying to get it squared away.
Quote from dave81983 : I seem to be having problems with the master server at the moment. All the pings im recieving from servers are between 300-400

When you ping the hosts, you are not connected to the master server at all. When you click for a list of games, you connect to the master server, retrieve a list of ip addresses and ports, then disconnect from the master and then proceed to ping the list of hosts to get their names and ping times and other info like tracks, cars etc. The master is not involved in that main part of the process. So if you are getting low pings to all hosts, there is either something wrong with your computer, or your internet connection, or your ISP.
Quote from GP4Flo :Looks like Twickenham has a power outage.

I can't see anything wrong, and there's not even the tiniest glitch on the online usage graph. All looks fine to me.

http://www.lfsworld.net/?win=home
#6 - Jakg
just checked the server with LFS Manager (Due to my overuse of Standby LFS wont work until i reboot), i got pings of 15 Ms to some servers (on 8 Mbit BT here, so thats the norm), up to 400, with one 719 and one 922 ms pings, but it all seems normal
Everything normal here...
no problems here
Ok, looks like false alarm. Everything is running fine here.
No problems at all over here.
connecting from Belgium i get 30ms pings to UK servers, same as always.
Located at Surrey.

16mb home connection - 18ms ping from closest server.
1gb pipe at work - 8ms ping from closest server

master server fine.
Im not understanding this then.

Im getting these ridiculous pings only in LFS - D/L rates are fine. All other online games work fine.

Anyone have any idea what this might be??
Today I went to a server named "F**K", and I was banned after calling the host an idiot for naming the server that. BTW, my ping times are fine.
#14 - SamH
Quote from dave81983 :Im not understanding this then.

Im getting these ridiculous pings only in LFS - D/L rates are fine. All other online games work fine.

Anyone have any idea what this might be??

Reboot your PC, modem and/or router and then try again. When I'm suffering poor connections to LFS, it's usually a problem at my end.

Downloading is hardly ever affected for me, but other things like playing games, on higher ports, are the first to indicate my router's a little out of breath. No idea why.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG