The online racing simulator
LFS and Windows XP X64
(12 posts, started )
LFS and Windows XP X64
Hi,
some time ago I changed the hardware of my computer to an AMD 64 3500+. So I also installed XP X64. Since that time, I lose the connection to the server after 10 to 80 minutes. With DSL 6000 there shouldn't be any bandwith-probs. Does anyone else have such problems? Is there a solution?
my pc runs fine on xp x64

no problems
#3 - ebola
I think there is a good chance this could be a driver issue.
Quote from ebola :I think there is a good chance this could be a driver issue.

yeah, I thought about it and tried things ... but the discos started with the installation of xp x64. I have full bandwith of dsl 6000, I reinstalled lfs, what didn't help too. I'm not losing any other connection. I stay in teamspeak, when I lose connection to a lfs-server. I also tried lots of different servers ... so I have really no idea what it could be. I can't believe that it's a problem with the onboard-lan of my msi k8t neo 2. Or are there any problems known? I will just write down my whole system. Maybe anyone has an idea?

AMD 64 3500+
MSI K8T Neo 2
Asus Ati Radeon X800 Pro @ XT
1 GB ram
Onboard 100mbit & gigabyte LAN

Maybe I'll put a lan-card into my pc and try it again ... the problem is, that I don't have any other computer-games which I could play online to test, if it's a lfs-problem or my problem.
I had the same problem with Xp64 !Another problem is that most drivers are still Betastatus like the Wingman-Profiler 4.6! I switched back to Win XP32 Professional. And why using an 64bit System if U don't have the programs for 64 bit?

CU BlasteR
Because XP x64 is a faster OS and does gives a increase in performance over x86 os
Is there any program to log a detailed description if something happens in lfs? I think, scawen posted it once, but I can't find it.
#8 - Woz
Support wise you should treat XP64 more like the Server versions of Window. MS do not provide mainstream support for XP64 which means a lack of development on drivers for hardware.

The first 64bit OS that will get the hardware support is Vista. Trouble with that though is.... Vista.

So run 32bit.
I won't run 32 bit ... I have a 64 bit - processor, so I won't use a 32bit-OS. Anyway, I think I've found the problem ...
I'v run x64 for a bit more than a year now. Everything is great and all the driver you need are on www.planetamd64.com
Quote from RSchumacher :Anyway, I think I've found the problem ...

It might be a good idea to post the solution in order to help other who have the same problem
(If you have found the problem yet)
Quote from ORION :It might be a good idea to post the solution in order to help other who have the same problem
(If you have found the problem yet)

The problem were the Realtek-LAN-driver from the MSI-Homepage, which were outdated. On the Realtek-hp I found the newest drivers. Kind of nooby problem

LFS and Windows XP X64
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG