The online racing simulator
In race 4wd split adjustment
(48 posts, started )
Quote from tristancliffe :I guess it does explain, but I only understand the full names. I have no desire to learn the types of Impreza there are. As far as I'm concerned they are cars I never ever want to own. They do less than nothing for me. I'll stick with rear wheel drive cars as long as I have a choice. If it means I'm 0.3 seconds a lap slower then so be it, at least I'll have more fun

That may be true for you. But the fact is that 4wd cars, like the Impreza, EVO, 911 turbo, are the best handling performance cars for all round use on our British "roads" and with our climate. They may not be as involving in some respects, but they are supremely capable, and I'm frankly surprised that you dismiss them so readily.
A Type RA/Type R with the diff wound back gives large oversteer tendancies when pushed hard

i fail to see how this is not as much fun as an MX5 tbh

its the best of both worlds, send the power to the rear to play, send it back towards 50/50 split for safety in bad conditions.
Any specs of this 700bhp 1997 impreza that was run in pikes peak?

tried google and scoobynet to no avail........
Gee, wish I'll get a 750hp EVO XI. Power.....

Let's get a fully rally-prepped EVO XI with 750hp. Group B power and modern computerised 4WD drivetrain are an unbeatable rally combination. Oh, and do remember to aero prep the car too, such power and speed could use some downforce to keep it ON the ground.
does this 700bhp pikes peak impreza even exist?

really interested in the specs, with me being an avid subaru fan, i am sure the 10`s of thousands of people on scoobynet would be as well, it would sure put to shame a few of the top end 500/600bhp cars to shame.

cant wait for the specs

personaly i would have chosen the Gems ECU but im sure you had your reasons for going motec?
I don't think it's really that hard to get that much power out of a 2 litre lump with ridiculous amounts of forced induction, funny fuels (often forgotten about) if you only want it to last for ten minutes. I have heard of 1000 bhp (UK tarmac style) Scooby, not sure how true it is though.
I'll get some details when I'm at work next week. Just for your information there was a 700hp (apparently) Impreza at the Bentwaters sprint meeting. He was only a few seconds slower than our 160hp F3 car.

Need I say more?
We're drifting off topic, but Honda has been said, for a while now, to have a 1hp/cc engine running on a bench.
It doesn't last long, but halve that ratio and you still have something like 1000hp/2L.
hp/cc is far easier and cheaper to get per cc for smaller displacements - you can't just take a 5cc, 40zillion rpm engine and extrapolate away to prove how brilliant VTEC is or anything
BTW, how was the nature of the race circuit, trsitan? I wonder if it's anywhere as twisty as the Monte Carlo stage in WRC. If it is, no wonder your F-3 car is faster. On a twisty mountain pass, insane power levels are pretty irrelevant when it comes to stage times.

There's horsepower, then there's CORNERING horsepower.

So, let's get back on topic. DCCD or no DCCD? How about a poll?
Nope, but I never did find out what the engine's displacement is.
I hear about it most in Motogp conversations, so it might be something similar to HRC's V5 or V3..

James, it's just my gut feeling, but I think this feature would be the devs' arbitrary. It has to fit in with the rest of the picture, you couldn't just poll it in if it didn't have its place.
I think it'd only be worth it in the FXR. As it was said, the RB4 is more of an an ass-seat-tires car.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll get some details when I'm at work next week. Just for your information there was a 700hp (apparently) Impreza at the Bentwaters sprint meeting. He was only a few seconds slower than our 160hp F3 car.

Need I say more?

700bhp would need a rotated turbo with custom up and down pipes, not to mention it would be pretty large and laggy, perfect for sprints??
driving an mates impreza last week with a td05 16g turbo, with front entry mods and a front mount intercooler, had a freshly mapped car (mapped by andy f) on an apexi ecu, which struggled to make any decent boost until past 3500 rpm

another mates car has a rotated garret which is even worse TBH
was this car running antilag?

would love some details on this TBH
any updates on this???
You mean did I remember to dig out the file/ask people at work? Whoops. Keep badgering though - I'll remember eventually.
ummm hummm yesss umm humm
i am sure you will LOL

how does everybody else at work like there cups of tea

funny how none of the sprinters and hill climbers on scoobynet know of this mystical 700 car either.

one for scully and mulder me thinks.

ps. if you are going to waffle on, please add a disclaimer to help people believe things which are not true. A simple "i was told" "i was lead to believe" can work wonders.
Quote from tristancliffe :I'll get some details when I'm at work next week. Just for your information there was a 700hp (apparently) Impreza at the Bentwaters sprint meeting. He was only a few seconds slower than our 160hp F3 car.

Need I say more?

A road based '700' bhp Scooby? I can believe the power output for a short distance race tuned turboed 4. If it was a competition car it makes me very surprised it was slower than you makes me wonder the validity of the claims. Even on a tight sprint circuit with slicks a Scooby should have virtually limitless traction and supposing it had been lightened and stiffened with a cage it shouldn't be to bad elsewhere either.
its only within the last year or so really when, what you can call "reliable" 5/600bhp imprezas have been hitting the strips and tracks, and even then the list of fatalitys is high, even with the new stronger 6 speed gearboxes.

PAR uprated 5 speed gear sets tend to break quite a bit as well, at this level when used in anger. i have even heard of full on dog gearbox that gave up.

to claim that you helped build one in 97?? is complete and utter tosh, classic pub talk. i have never heard so much rubbish TBH
Okay, so if you don't believe me then that's fine. I don't need to impress you with it. I hate Imprezas, they handle crap, they have boring 4WD systems, they are driven by idiots, and they look ugly. I'll never own one, I'll never work on them again, and they do nothing for me. Hell, they can barely finish rallies at the moment, so the only success they have in the motoring world is getting kids to school on time. I've got/driven much better cars than a jumped up farmers car.

So I won't bother telling you about it. If you'd have just left it, I would have found the time to type up the information we have on the car. I'm quite forgetful - ask some other forum members how slow I can be at getting round to things without a lot of pestering - but if you are going to be rude and personal about it, then you can stick it.
This may sound odd to you tristancliffe, but TBH I don't like Imprezas as well. It wasn't that long ago (90's) that they understeered like no car has understeered before! Just some star trek humour, but you get the point.

Yes, their current 4WD system make the Lancer Evolution's current 4WD system look like star trek technology. And yes, the current ones are FUGLY. At least the older 90's Imprezas look boring but still somewhat ok.

Oh, please give us some info on that 700hp novelty act anyway. Just for the fun of it.
Quote from Jamexing :

Oh, please give us some info on that 700hp novelty act anyway. Just for the fun of it.

as always, it was never going to happen
As always you remind me after work on a Friday... Try reminding me at 10am on a weekday. I do have work to do you know...
Quote from tristancliffe :Agreed, but only in cars that would really have this adjustment (the 4WD GTR perhaps, but maybe it wouldn't?). The RB4 wouldn't have this, as it's not trying to be a contemporary 4WD computer... errr, I mean car.

That's exactly what I was gonna say.
i'd love to have in-car adjustable torque split in the FXR, but barring that, making the "traction control" button work as a differential lock on the non-tc cars would be almost as good.

In race 4wd split adjustment
(48 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG