The online racing simulator
Radius320 - 50inch wraparound LCD
(8 posts, started )
Has anyone seen this thing yet? 50inch 3 panel LCD screen that wraps around, yet is completely seamless! No plastic bezels between the screens! I think this would be an awesome addition to a cockpit setup. It requires 3 DVI outputs, but I'm sure if one could afford a 50inch LCD, then a SLi/CrossFire setup is no problem.

http://www.seamlessdisplay.com/products_radius320.htm
Wow, it's gorgeous!!!

I wonder how much it costs?

BTW, one thing I've ever wondered is, if you have a panoramic display, say a 16:9 TFT, do you have more viewing angle in game? or it gets simply cut top & down?
16ms responce time
Quote from Eldanor :BTW, one thing I've ever wondered is, if you have a panoramic display, say a 16:9 TFT, do you have more viewing angle in game? or it gets simply cut top & down?

Depends on the game. Some games stretch the image, some games cut the top and bottom and some games give you more viewable area.
LFS is one of those games wich has good support for widescreen and it gives more viewable area.
Isn't this like that other fake company that never really shows the actual product, but only renders? There are many fakes out there, and I believe this is one of them.
Well after reading a few more articles about it, the company was apprently formed by engineers from Oxford. No actual product demos or anything as of yet though. Here's hoping it's a reality. If it isn't, maybe it's worth investing in one of these: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.c ... odzillatron.ap/index.html
Cant exactly be hard to make, its literally 3 panels joined together in a custom frame.

What would be good is if they are wired together as one screen. Even then its hardly pratical for gaming. Cnet tested two 24in widescreens next to each other and claimed its just too wide to be practical. I can see there being a distinct lack of real world uses.

All you really want for simracing is a big (the higher res the better) screen, no point messing about with all this multipanel crap.
#8 - CSU1
What was that flexi screen someone invented last year? They said it cheap and could be used on serial boxes etc, ? Maybe it's the same material?

(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG