The online racing simulator
problem with nvidia 7600 gs card
(17 posts, started )
my Ati 9700 pro is dead , i have bought a club3d 7600 gs card , but the game after 10 ,15 seconds freeze.
I have changed driver ( 91.33 official , 91.45 beta , 91.47 beta ) but i have not resolve the problem.
Can you help me please ?

My oteher hardware is:
mainboard Gigabyte GA-K8ns
AMD Sempron 3400+
1024 mb ram ddr 400mhz

thank you

p.s sorry for my english , i am from Italy.
What game does it crash in?
#3 - Jakg
i presume LFS?
Yes
yes is LFS.
I presume that your 7600 is an AGP version. Are you sure it is powered enough? Modern cards require a external power supply, especially AGP versions. Refer to the manual of your card for details(usually there is a molex->6pin conversion cable shipped with the card). Does the other games work well? You might try a test with 3DMark06(www.futuremark.com), that will push your card to the limits and discover any possibe hardware fault.
The 7600 series do not have a seperate connecter, they are powered through the motherboard. (PCI-E ones anyway)
Quote from Leifde :The 7600 series do not have a seperate connecter, they are powered through the motherboard. (PCI-E ones anyway)

Well he doesn't have the PCI-E version...
Quote from wheel4hummer :Well he doesn't have the PCI-E version...

He hasn't said he doesn't have the PCI-E version? Unless his old radeon was AGP?
#9 - Jakg
Quote from Leifde :He hasn't said he doesn't have the PCI-E version? Unless his old radeon was AGP?

gs = AGP version
Quote from Jakg :gs = AGP version

GS = agp for thr 7800

not the same for the 7600
anyway 9700 were agp only...
Yes, I infered that it was AGP for two reasons. First, His old card was a 9700 which only came in AGP. Second, his motherboard does not have a PCI-E slot.
:doh: Ignore me
i have an agp nv6600gt and that needs a seperate power supply. but i think it is a driver conflict with the old ati drivers as said above. but it does no harm to make sure you have to power the card too
I have two PCI-E 7600GS and they run LFS with no problems what so ever, I can only duplicate what Quint999 said and try running Driver Cleaner and use it to clear out any old ATI driver files that get left behind.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to make sure that your motherboard drivers are up to date and maybe try reinstalling DirectX 9.0c
Agp
my card is AGP , and i have reinstalled Windows xp , driver for chipset and audio, directx 9.0c , i have good experience about format and installation
hardware and software , i think the problem can be about hardware compatibility or nvidia driver still not good for this gpu.

p.s. the card have an identical molex connector like hard disk and my power supply is 400 W
yes
yes , the bios is the last release of gigbyte.
tonight is appeared the blu screen of xp and the message was : the problem can be nvdisp , contact your dealer for new driver.......
i'm very depressed....
nobody can help me ?
thank to all have answer to me , but my problem is not resolved
#17 - abz1
I have the same card. Try this, remove the drivers using a software which does it for you for nvidia. Then install the drivers on the cd you get (long shot but worth a try).

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG