The online racing simulator
Formula 1 2007 calendar released
(49 posts, started )
Quote from UpdateF1.com : Imola and the Nurburgring, scene of the San Marino and European Grands Prix respectively, do not appear on the calendar, published today, for the 2007 Formula One World Championship.

The re-appearance of Belgian circuit Spa Francorchamps is a welcome and expected addition, although it was expected that only one circuit would be dropped.

It is thought the Nurburgring has been left out following a decision by the host country, Germany, to alternate the venue between there and Hockenheim in an effort to cut costs. Imola, meanwhile, requires updating to come into line with current requirements.

It will be noted that a one month gap appears between Bahrain and Spain, leaving a possible slot for a European Grand Prix at a venue to be decided.

Full calendar as follows:

Australia 18 March
Malaysia 08 April
Bahrain 15 April
Spain 13 May
Monaco 27 May
Canada 10 June
United States 17 June
France 01 July
United Kingdom 08 July
Germany 22 July
Hungary 05 August
Turkey 26 August
Italy 09 September
Belgium 16 September
China 30 September
Japan 07 October
Brazil 21 October

Original article: http://formula-1.updatesport.c ... o-Imola-or-Ring/view.html

Maybe the European GP is going to actually be a european race instead of in Germany every year
glad to see Spa back on the calendar. As for the European GP i would like to see F1 race at Brno in Czech Republic. Its a good track, maybe not 100% suited to F1 as most of the corners are very fast so overtaking would be hard. Track would need adapting to to F1 standarts.

mad
Japan = Fuji
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I'm not sure why everyone is dissing Fuji, sure Suzuka is a fantastic and unique challenge but lets face it:
The first sector belongs to shumi always has always will.
The middle sector is anyones game.
The final sector with 130R belonged to the bravest (and shumi) seeing as F1 is systematicaly removing the 'brave' element from drivers or simply eliminating the drivers known for thier bravado then a switch to Fuji may be good.

Honestly, Spa used to be interesting, but Eau Rouge is not exactly the challenge it once was and the rest of the track leaves alot to be desired.

The only sure way to make F1 interesting anytime soon is make it a dry qually, wet start, changeable during the race. In my opinion they should try and schedule the races for that particular countries wettest period. Only problem being that the spectators at the track wouldn't enjoy it so much.
yay for spa back!
#6 - ajp71
Great to see Spa back on the calendar, the best track on the calendar by miles IMO. As for Fuji, from what I know of it (about limited to the 956 In Car DVD) there's no reason to be worried, it'll add another challenging track to the calendar although I wouldn't complain if it was alternated with Suzuka.

As for the loss of the Nurburgring it wasn't a great track but to leave Hockenheim instead (which is a crap excuse for a track IMO) was a very odd move, I hope they do rotate them. Also I reckon that Silverstone should rotate with Brands (there is no reason why Brands could not hold a Grand Prix now) and Bernie's stupid anti-BRDC unrealistic London GP idea should be scrapped.

The loss of Imola is sad and I'm fairly certain it will have had sod all to do with safety or facilities.

It would be good to see a proper European GP, there are so many tracks that could hold a GP in Europe but will inevitably not be able to provide the money or facilities that Bernie would want.
I'm gutted about losing Suzuka and Nurburgring. Suzuka is an awesome circuit and the 130R corner has always been a real test.

As for the nurbrugring - also one of my favourites and T1 has always caused mayhem. It's sad to see these tracks go.
#9 - ajp71
I take back what I said about Fuji, I thought they were using the old layout :doh:

Look at them, there's only one decent F1 track there (A1 Ring) the rest (except maybe the new Sachsenring) are poor excuses for race tracks.

http://www.tilke.com/
I think if they want to call it an European grand prix then maybe somekind of a list should be made of suitable tracks around europe that could host an f1 race. Then pick out the top 4 and change the european track every year in the calendar between the four tracks. Maybe a Nordic state could host F1 id they have a suitable track...

I am also sad to see Nurburgring... go but its not the most exciting of tracks. Suzuka is also a loss but i am willing to give Fuji a chance. Its a great track and i think it will be good for F1...
Its all ready been said that they are hoping to rotate the european grand prix (hockenhiem-Nurburgring), the reason they are cutting one of the races is because there wasn't enough people attending both races, so now there will only be one race to go to.

As for going to brno or brands hatch, that would be pointless as there are no overtaking opporunities, the straights are too short, and the corners leading onto the straights are to fast to allow a car to follow.
Quote from VALE 46 :Its all ready been said that they are hoping to rotate the european grand prix (hockenhiem-Nurburgring)

They're rotating the German GP which leaves room for a European GP.

Quote :the reason they are cutting one of the races is because there wasn't enough people attending both races, so now there will only be one race to go to.

More like European countries won't give state funding to F1 and in the end of the day the F1 calendar is going to be the selection of tracks that fill Bernies pockets the most.
Great to be junking Nurbrugring, the forefather of those crappy Tilkedromes and also Imola (should have gone ages ago).

However, It's sad that the best circuit on the calendar I.E. Suzuka (which is infinately better than Spa) is going. Fuji would only be tolerable if there was a Pacific GP at Suzuka.
Ajp: Turkey is a Tilke track and it is the best track on the calendar this year behind Suzuka and next year behind Spa.
Quote from Hoellsen :Ajp: Turkey is a Tilke track and it is the best track on the calendar this year behind Suzuka and next year behind Spa.

There's nothing amazing about it, sure it wa built so that there would be some excitment at Turn 8 but it still doesn't have the atmosphere surrounding Spa/Monza/Imola etc.
Remember that every race track in the world (even the ones that Tilke hasn't yet destroyed) sucks, it just can't be the F1 cars that sucks.
Quote :I think if they want to call it an European grand prix then maybe somekind of a list should be made of suitable tracks around europe that could host an f1 race

The only reason they ever had a European Grand Prix was to give countries in F1 mania two Grand Prix to sell tickets at, Britain during the Mansell era, and Germany during the Schumacher era. There is no real 'nead' for a European Grand Prix, except for countries that realistically can deal with 400,000 spectators a year.

We're more likely to see an Asian Grand Prix and get Suzuka back alongside Fiji, except of course for the travel costs involved in going there twice, unless they did them back to back.

EDIT: That's probably also why we've lost Imola. It's not as if it was ever held any where near San Morino anyway.
Quote :ut it still doesn't have the atmosphere surrounding Spa/Monza/Imola etc.

Atmosphere isn't something that just can be made. Give the track some time and it will the atmosphere. Give people some time to see memorable races (like last weekend's) that they can look back at in 10-15 years. That is what gives tracks atmosphere.
seems like an interesting calendar. Another year that (hopefully) schumi will take.
What do you mean hopefully Schumacher will take the season? He's had enough already, but to be honest, I dont see what the race calendar would do to ensure one driver does well or not - over that many races they all have favorite and bogey tracks...?
Quote from Rappa Z :seems like an interesting calendar. Another year that (hopefully) schumi will take.

Another year that (hopefully) Schumi wont drive.
Quote from Hoellsen :Atmosphere isn't something that just can be made. Give the track some time and it will the atmosphere. Give people some time to see memorable races (like last weekend's) that they can look back at in 10-15 years. That is what gives tracks atmosphere.

Surely the pinnacle of motorsport should be using tracks that are already established as the worlds finest motor racing circuits with the odd one or two newer tracks thrown into the mix, not a mixture of 50% new tracks and 50% bastardized old ones.
The pinnacle of motorsports also needs to be moving forward, not remain in the same place. Meaning you gotta try new events and tbh, Imola hasn't produced that great racing ever since they butchered it. Last 2 races were an exception rather than the norm.

Compared to that, in Bahrein so far we had close racing and quite a bit of overtaking each time we were there. Yes, China sucks and I also don't like Shanghai. Fuji will stink even more, have watched a couple Japanese GT races that were run there, simply a boring track.
Quote from Hoellsen :The pinnacle of motorsports also needs to be moving forward, not remain in the same place. Meaning you gotta try new events and tbh,

It needs to move forward but truly great tracks can't just be built overnight. There are so many tracks capable of holding a Grand Prix that are so much better than any Tilke creation, what about Kyalami for starters?
/me dreams of F1 at Donington again

(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG