The online racing simulator
BMW M5 - Ring Taxi
(33 posts, started )
BMW M5 - Ring Taxi
Hi there, started this baby last week as a personal project. I made this car to test my own abilities in the modeling, skinning, and lighting setup fields. There are still some things to be done on the skin, just small details so I won't bother mentioning them. Anyway hope you like the model as much as I do..

*dreams of driving car on nurburgring*
looks lfs style modeling , great work mate.
#3 - Dumpy
very nice!
That's look super nice! Are you using 3dsmax?
#5 - Jakg
i didn't realize it was a model at first, i thought it was an example of the real car with weird lighting and was expecting an LFS skin below! nice work!
thanks for coments felles, the model was created in 3dmax 8 for those who were wondering.
wow if u call this a WMB the devs can make this one for LFS
btw great job

Attached images
m5ringtaxipp9 copy.jpg
It's still got the normal BMW badges on the car though.
thats to hard 4 me
pretty nice man..
looks pretty good (although im not exactly a low poly fan so..)

only things model wise that i dont like fully, is that the roof looks way to low poly compared to the rest of the car, and the A pillars and front window look low poly too

as for textures, im guessing thats an error that white is being stretched (or faded really) on the bottom on the sides
and.. there is no tread texture

the rest looks pretty good
Its supposed to be faded lol, yea i agree with you about the low poly areas..

thanks for the replies
I would like to have a go at putting that car into RACER. Could you send me the 3ds file? I won't release it, I just wanna drive it in RACER. Thanks.
Quote from XCNuse :looks pretty good (although im not exactly a low poly fan so..)

only things model wise that i dont like fully, is that the roof looks way to low poly compared to the rest of the car, and the A pillars and front window look low poly too

as for textures, im guessing thats an error that white is being stretched (or faded really) on the bottom on the sides
and.. there is no tread texture

the rest looks pretty good

If it was a model that was being recreated and to be accurate, yes it is fairly low poly. But man-o-man, this looks LFS ready with the amount of polys it has.

*dreams of M5 in LFS*
lol i bet the polycount is way over LFS's low standards; what is the polycount on this thing anyway? imo it looks fairly high (the wheels and tires really look high poly [compared to the deffinition of low poly])
I'd also like to see a fairly representable M5 in LFS if not the whole package

the car is 20880 triagles, yes it is over LFS standards but I think that most computers could handle it (as long as there arent a large number of people driving it).
It would just need some optimizing to make it work in LFS. But then again, LFS hardly even supports really curvy and round car models. They are rather simple, and most cars these days are well beyond what LFS would be able to support I think.
Just ship it off to Kegetys if you want it in LFS
wow thats .. really low, i was expecting it to be a good 10k over that, i bet its mostly interior though thats setting the number so high (and the wheels) your wheels are way more complex than the ones in LFS, so i bet it would really set your polycount down if you put LFS tires and wheels on that model

still an impressive number for such a rounded off car
yeah its just the rims that are more complex than lfs, the tire itself is accually lower than the ones in lfs.

who is Kegetys? and would it be possible to get it in s2?
Remove the rear head rests will save you some poly.
LOL only joking... nice work BTW. Will love to see some REAL road cars in LFS.
A new render, this time simulating the appearance of the car being under a tree.

If you look closely you will see some dead bugs on the front bumper!
That looks awesome!!

I love the M5 which tops it right off!! Well done!
can someone pass me a tissue to wipe saliva off my chin. thats mint!! nice work. pity licensing gets in the way of releasing that type of thing in lfs. but are you allowed to do it if your not charging for it? couldnt the devs realese it as a free add on (if enough ppl wanted it in lfs)? i dunno, jus a guess.

BMW M5 - Ring Taxi
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG