The online racing simulator
server client timing
(8 posts, started )
server client timing
i'm talking about the total->lap times...

have a look, and someone please tell me if this "should" not be.
The times were "sliding" like the jitter on tv recordings.
I usually have audio/video timing jitter due to non synced tv-board and soundcard recording.

regards
Attached images
timing.jpg
#2 - ORION
i'd say you started to race, and 4/100 s later you drove over the finish line and started the lap.
otherwise upload replay
here, sorry could have tought of that earlier.
watch gizmo, (i've watched him to learn some lines), while that "thing" occured to me...

regards
Or you screen shotted 4/100 of a second after you crossed the line. but I reckong the first answer you got is more accurate. I would imagine that was a P1 or P2 position start. (But thats only a guess. 4/100th's goes by pretty fast.
#5 - bbman
I don't think it's the finish line... I think your lap started to count when you began to move (/move over your start position line)...
ok thx for replys, because i always tought, that your lap and total time were in sync and identical for the first lap.
But at least i lost a bit of the illusion of the "perfect netcode" :P
Don't get me wrong, it's pretty well made, but the times are drafting/drifting/jittering call it whatever you like, but as you can see, they are not synced (yet that precise...).

regards
They are synched. But one is race total. I.E. 'Race'. From when the lights turn green . The start of the race.

And one is your lap time. I.E. Your lap. The point from when you cross the line at the start of the lap to when you cross the line at the end of the lap.

So there is no 'bad' netcode. Just a misinterpretation of the data. In fact LFS is being extremly accurate.
then how come the times aren't stable?
if you look at the times in the replay you'll notice that they are in a constant drift.

server client timing
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG