The online racing simulator
tyre scream sound when standing still for a period of time
tyre scream sound when standing still for a period of time ..

not sure if this is ever mentioned before but its some sort of bug i guess.. not a big one tho.. its also on the latest U20 so it hasnt been fixed.. yet

its like when you stand still with XRT on blackwood for example and you disable your engine using "i" button.. after about 1 minute you can hear your tyres spinning (tyre spin/scream sound) ..
yea its with almost all cars. pretty wierd, usually happens when ur not completely flat (lil bit sideslope).
this even happens with grass-skid sounds (when standing for long on the grass)...
weird.

regards
#4 - filur
It's very annoying when working on something while having LFS open, getting served with never-ending tyre squeal/dirt noise.

+1 for calling it a bug.
#5 - dewyl
if ya push pause "P" button it will be disabled while u r workin with other programs
#6 - Mc21
Quote from dewyl :if ya push pause "P" button it will be disabled while u r workin with other programs

you cant pause while on mp lol.

I usally turn my engine off, or turn the wheel slighty.
Quote from Mc21 :you cant pause while on mp lol.

I usally turn my engine off, or turn the wheel slighty.

just go into the pits or spectator mode..lol...there ya go...plus that way you aren't just sitting on or around the track somewhere.
nevertheless its still a bug .. in real life it would be weird if you are in a traffic jam and all cars starts to tyrespin/scream after 1 minute when standing still lol
i believe (not 100% sure, but 99% sure) that its because apparently some value to movement cannot equal 0, so it has to be replaced with like 0.0000001 or so, so it seems as though its stopped.. but it actually isn't (someone said this, i cant remember when, it might have been back in RSC but not totally sure), and so once the car moves that 0.0000001 speed [units], it makes a squeeling sound since the car is moving, but the tires are standing still
however, its a (very) small bug and "could" be fixed (later later first the cool stuff )
interesting tho you mention it.
I witnessed several other "games" that seem to have a problem with zero movement too.
It's really weird when actuating the brakes but you cann see yourself slightly drifting off the track (viper racing) when on an uneven surface...
So i assume it something with the 3d-system and its resolution... (maybee wrong).

regards
well i think they can leave the 0.00001 movement but they need to reprogram the sound engine then in a way that tyre spin/scream doesnt occur at 0 km/h .. only 1 km/h and higher i think.. i dont know actually
What about put ignition off, put it in neutral and on handbrake...
than you must stand still (I guess)

I have never had a squeeling sound after 1 min...
That seems like an universal thing in all games.

Operation Flashpoint was the most hilarious example of it: shoot one M16 round to a stationary T-90 heavy tank, press time compression, wait a while and watch it start to tremble and slide slowly, climbing up mountains and rocky hills if you waited long enough.
I got this for the first time yesterday, parked up on the Aston straight. The movement itself isn't noticeable but the massive screeching noise is a very confusing bug indeed.
#16 - lyd
This has been driving me crazy since I started using LFS, but I figured I wasn't going to say anything about it if no one else did. ;-)

I have a PC I built specifically to play this game, and my normal machine is a G4 on the other side of the room. Since, being new, I spend most of my time practicing in an empty server, I frequently just park and step away when I need a break. Invariably (and leaving aside the possible irony of taking a break from one computer by sitting down at another) I will be reading a web page or answering email or something and have to run back across the room to hit "P" in order to make the awful screechy noise stop.

I agree it is not that big a deal, though. Certainly low priority on the fix list. I'm just happy I'm not the only one. ;-)

lyd

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG