The online racing simulator
Turn 8 in Turkey is basically flat out, whereas the final turn at WE is like 100 mph in 3rd or something
Was one of the best races in my life, that last 15 laps were great.

All though, we all know that if schumi wasn't stacked in the pits or didn't go of in turn 8(lost 4 seconds there) he would have had second.
More like he would have had first.
Quote from sil3ntwar :More like he would have had first.

Very true. That was the main reason I was glad Schumacher didn't get past Alonso, because if he did, it's almost certain Massa would have suffered 'brake problems' in the last few laps (remember Irvine 6 or 7 years ago). It would have been criminal to see Massa have to give up his first win, especially in loyalty to a team who seem unwilling to commit to him beyond 2006 until Schumacher and Kimi make up their minds.

The order they finished was the order they deserved, all things considered. Schumacher suffered a little under the SC due to the stacking in the pits, but that's the way it falls when your teammate's ahead in those circumstances. If they'd left Massa out for an extra lap, the likely result was Scumacher 1st and Alonso 2nd, which is only gaining 2 points. Ferrari played for 4 and lost the gamble due to Schumacher's (very satisfying) mistake at turn 8. Alonso's defense for the last 15 laps was great to watch, especially as it was on a track where overtaking is very possible.

The Ferrari/Bridgestone package is now looking like the stronger package, so unlike those who wanted the championship closed up for the championship's sake, I think the current gap is better for a close battle to the end. Had Schumacher closed the gap to 6 points, it would be looking like a fairly easy championship for him, even without support from Massa. As it stands (and with reliability from Ferrari and Renault), he's really got to go out and earn it.
That Nando/Schumi battle was great to watch :up: It really highlighted the differences between their cars with Michael catching at every slow corner and Fernando just buggering off into the distance on every fast section. I liked that they chose to show the in-car view from Michael for those last few corners with him right up Fernando's gearbox, great stuff! There seemed to be a lot more in-car from Istanbul than there normally is, which was great considering there were several good battles to watch throughout the race. I'd be pleased to see that much in-car from every round actually...

I'm a fan of the Istanbul track, especially that wicked triple apex of turn 8 (I think it's 8) and the fact that there's more than one passing spot. Is it a Tilke track? It certainly doesn't seem to have his trademark techy no-pass bullshit all over it. If only all F1 races could be that good to watch
Yes it's Tilke's way of saying sorry to the public, but sadly it doesn't always produce a good race - but then nowhere does. We still need a random sprinkler system on the side of the track...
And prehaps at half time we could have 'MULTIBALL!!'. . . .

No. Wait. Sorry, wrong sport . . .
Which is why he is a noob. He caused a _huge_ T1 incident where _several_ cars were involved. In contrast had he ploughed into Alonso and conveniently for Schumacher taken him out of the race he would have only affected _one_ other car on the track and may _not_ have caused a big T1 incident. I'll stick with my opinion.
I'd have done the same.
Quote from Becky Rose :I'd have done the same.

Yes, it's good to stick with an opinion. I'm sure you would have stuck with yours
I didn't voice a positive opinion on Fissichella until just then. The most solidly formed opinion here I think isn't regarding an F1 driver at all.
In no circumstance would you take your team mate out when your as slow as Fisi Fisi is just hanging on by a shoe string in Formula One, he never performs and just falls down the order. So take out your championship contending driver you aint going to be popular in the garage no matter who cut who off. He is costing Renault the constructors championship, Alonso is the one doing all the work for both championships.

Schumacher deserved what he got, he messed up twice in the same corner on new sets of tyre during qualifying. He had such a huge car advantage but cracked under pressure, a common problem with him it seems. Alonso is keeping his head and doing a far better job in a car which is obviously not as strong as the Bridgestone/Ferrari combination.

If it goes down to the wire with something like a point in it will we see repeats of 94, 97 ...

Keiran
aye: In no circumstances do you take your team mate out, period. And let's not forget the situation wasn't caused by Fissi, he was just in a predicament to try and avoid his team mate who in turn was avoiding a somewhat animated Schumacher. It happens.
ppl seriously need an extra summer class in reading between the lines (I don't mean that in a bad way, you just missed the entire plot of why I criticised Fisi)

But nevermind, I think Fisi is a noob because he's slow and caused an accident that resulted in the only countryman in F1 to have no chance.
I've always liked Fisi. I'd pay extra to keep him in F1. I wouldn't pay a cent to keep Alonso in F1 though...
Quote from tristancliffe :I've always liked Fisi. I'd pay extra to keep him in F1. I wouldn't pay a cent to keep Alonso in F1 though...

Why is that?
Because he's quite possibly the dullest driver ever. Boring to look at. Boring to listen to. Boring to watch drive. Just boring. Even Mansell and Kimi, two drivers noted for having boring 'TV Personalities' are at least exciting and cool in their own way.

Fisi just reeks coolness. He's always veri 'appy. Gotta love it!
Alonso is dull, Tristan has a point. I dont think his driving is dull though, he's always been mighty impressive and admittedly I was beginning to doubt him this year (even said as much on these forums) and then he goes and does this...

Mansell was the same in many ways, although possibly has a better personallity (provided you dont mind the t and the a being dropped from the word team).
I really like Alonso's driving style. It's so different to everyone else, how many drivers have the car understeer so much yet go so quickly? It really worked well for him at Hungary in the wet.
Quote from tristancliffe :Because he's quite possibly the dullest driver ever. Boring to look at. Boring to listen to. Boring to watch drive. Just boring. Even Mansell and Kimi, two drivers noted for having boring 'TV Personalities' are at least exciting and cool in their own way.

Fisi just reeks coolness. He's always veri 'appy. Gotta love it!

have you met the man?

its a formula one RACE, not personailty competition.

who else other than alonso would have kept schumacher behind him for a dozen laps in an inferior car?

and yes, ive met him and he is a pleasent, nice guy who doesnt feel the need to cheat and thats why he is a worthy F1 champ.
Schumacher's probably a nice guy if you actually meet and speak to him, but that's no substitute for shouting abuse at the screen !
Have you met him? I mean really met him. Not shaken hands and said hi kind of meet, but sat down and had a chat over a pint (of water)? I didn't think so.

I don't think you can make a judgement about a persons real personality from a 30 second burst of PR. But I believe I can make a judgement from seeing him interviewed during highs and lows, during PR bits and more informal bits etc etc.

Martin Brundle is a nice guy. And yes, I have met him, over a pint or two, when we bought his Piper Lance Turbo II off him several years back (when he was a current F1 driver). I can say that with fact.
OK OK It's ego time by naming the F1 drivers you've had a natter with day is it? I'm on 2, any raises?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG