The online racing simulator
Nice one mate. Pleased you'll be there.
you know me G, i don't like to let the side down oh did i foregt to say i have a set that is r2 all round and is so nice and can go the distance? hehehehe
Hmm, I'm a tad confused as to which way BST goes now, +1 hour or -1?

I have OLFS race starting at 5.30GMT and it's only gunna last untill about 6.30pm my time at the most, so if BST is GMT+1 then I can make it late in the quali session, I guess if I don't get a run it will be more interesting!

BST is ahead of GMT +1

I've not seen the track in well over a week so i'm hoping my last ditch practice session tomorrow goes ok, I'm still not happy with my set but I'm confident that it'll last, as long as I stay off the walls.
password will be???
sent in an e-mail soon
E-MAIL WITH PASSWORDS SENT!!! If you have not got one. Contact me on MSN or send me a PM
Wonderful, I'm going to be pitting every 5 laps with this tire eating setup I have
Quote from phatdragonx :Wonderful, I'm going to be pitting every 5 laps with this tire eating setup I have

.......put some harder tires on illepall
I had a test earlier and I couldn't keep the tires from reaching over 100 deg C, R4's it is for the race But R2 for quali, although they only last that 1 lap before they're toast :|

I'm gonna be slooow in the race, silly walls always keep driving in front of me!
I enjoy racing you!! Ill be lucky to keep up!!
#87 - Vain
I'll propably go with R3 for quali and race. R2 doesn't earn me much anyway as I have to get it just right to not end up with huge amounts of oversteer. Thus the bet is safer when I go with R3 into quali, drive the complete quali-session in one go, be 2 tenths slower than my pb, use that as practice, and start into the race with the very same setup.
When I don't do nasty stuff the tyres hold for about 2 hours and go up to 117°C in the hottest sections.

Vain
Not sure if I will be there, I was going to bed this time yesterday, plus no practice or setup...
Cheers Bo, I just found that out. :P

Was having a Great Race then i timeout,

Always Happens now,

:irked::grumpy:
That was a disaster. On lap 6 I got my line a little wrong going under the bridge and ended up clipping the curb on the exit while going sideways, which ended up rolling, many times. My car was in a real mess after that, but it was still good to drive, I even managed to set the fasted time with it.
I lost two places, eventually I gained one back, but couldn't catch upto Vain. He was driving very fast and consistent, it's a shame he didn't manage to complete the race.
I managed to keep my battered car going until about lap 22, after a few too many knocks it decided to stop turning so I had to pit. All was going well until lap 39 where I pushed a little too hard coming out of the last turn and clattered the barrier, almost making it roll again. The suspension was completly nackered this time, so I had to make my final stop straight away, which was rather lucky as I intended to make a pitstop a lap or two later on.
Overall it was a dull race, I got into several fights, but none of them lasted very long. It's beyond me how I managed to finish 2nd, I guess alot of people had a much worse race than I did...
Hats off to the backmarkers, didn't have any problems with them (apart from Franky's wrecking atempt near the end ), and congrats to Three Jump.
It wasn't a bad race for me, except for the first 5 laps. Someone knocked me hard from behind under the bridge in T1 on the first lap and I got rear suspension damage, which ultimately caused me to lose it under braking to the last corner. The car turned to the right went head first into the indentation in the barrier, flew back on to the track pointing the wrong way and I think it was Stoney who couldn't avoid me and had a head on crash. Sorry I was intending to do a 1 stop race with the stop on lap 45-ish, but my car was wrecked after the crash. I decided to fill 'er up till the end and eventually climbed from 4th or 5th last after the crash to 3rd.

Difficult track to drive alone on, it's gets very difficult to maintain concentration and even the slightest of hesitations can prove fatal, I got lucky
it was a very tuff race, but not in a good way.... uff

i didn't have a qualy setup ready to my driving style, so i modded my race set a bit... then going to the race i put the setup like it was before except one thing, the rear anti-roll bar. It was set at 22 instead of 75, making the outer front left tyre go red in less than 10 laps. oh the anger!!

so i was first place the first 28 laps, with the last 20 being a nightmare because of the wrong anti-roll, so i managed to give sweat and pain to keep 1st place to my first pit stop and i finally adjusted the camber to compensate.
During the pit stop a few racers went ahead of me so i dropped to 4th i think.
a few laps later those who passed me also pitted so i went 2nd.
I couldn't catch Three jump though loll... the camber adjust made it worst and the entire tyre was red this time lool

So at lap 54 i was still second place, but during those laps i crashed 2 times, making one forced pit stop. Cropsy was 15 secs behind me at that point but the front right tyre was red to death, and i hitted those famous "spring" rails causing my suspension to be ALL RED lolll..... cropsy Bo pringles went all ahead of me in the last 5 laps!

never again!
qual:
Well, I did my first run, drove pb and that time was able to hold the pole... Then I switched to my race set to have some kind of warm up.

race:
Start was OK as I was trying to be easy on tires, lost first place and after a few laps another place. Was really hard to follow the guys in front of me, cause I had never tested my set on more than 6 laps in a row, so I believed in my Teammate who gave me the set. After a few laps I was about 10secs behind and people started to get faster around me... Then Cropsy did a mistake and so did more or less the others... I managed to keep concentrated and got a stable pace. My original plan was to pit around lap 30, but my tires were still good so I decided to drive another 10 laps. Did my pit and found myself still on 1st place, far in front of the others. The rest was more a less rolling around the track without mistakes (the others did enough ).
btw i suggest ky nat or as north rev for next race
I suggest a car change for next race.

I will be in it again, so dont feel too secure. This is not a promise, this is a threat.
FXO @ Ky nat or Westhill, that should be fun.

I had a pretty doomed race, I got caugt up in the T1 melee and was lucky to hang on to 8th for the first couple of laps. until I hit the chicane after 1st split, I waws forced to pit and my pit settings were too hastily set forcing me to change all tyres and load 90% fuel.

That set the theme for my race really, crash, pit, crash, pit, crash, struggle home with a bent car.

I managed a few little battles with some of the guys on the way up to finishing in 8th place. Not the best race ever for me but I had fun and learned a few things.

sorry to GF for whatever happened back there, It was all a bit of a blur for a little while! well done to 3j and especially Bo Kristensen for keeping the UFRs up there with those nasty little japenese things you all seem to love! :P

Good Race! Thanks ATC and Co
shut up zeug

I didn't do any testing so I had to ask for a setup in open practise. Big THANK YOU to NotAnIllusion, aka Pringles for lending me one!

Qualified 6th or 7th with an easy pb, and thought i'll be happy to finish in top 10. Unfortunately I was involved in accident in turn 0.5 and had to pit right away. On the other hand it was good, because now I had a clear road and more than enough laps to get familiar with the track. First 30 laps I was doing 1.44's and observing the tyre wear, then pitted on the halfway and rest 30 laps and improved my pace, starting to drive low 1.43's. I really hadn't a good fight in any stage of the race, just climbing up from last place overtaking racers sitting in the pits. Finished 6th, I think, and I'm proud of even finishing without a major crash. If wall kissing doesn't count, I lost the car only once, @ 200+ km/h

Great stuff this ATC 60 laps GP, and even without the G-Forces, it's a good exercise for your arms
I had a nice race.
Starting behind the first rows because of lack of practice I bumped Bo Christiansen into the back when he braked during the first left bend. The moment I saw his brake-lights flash we already made contact. What was happening there?

In the following laps I had an "engagement" with Pringles, during which Pringles seemed to be very determined to keep me off. What he propably didn't know was that my pace was about 1 second below his and thus we were bound to have several misunderstandings about the position of the braking-point and where a passing attempt is good or not. I bumped him some times, he kissed my bumper a few times, it was a bit rough, but when I made it pass I was gone pretty quickly.
Then Cropsy did his error and I went past to third. Cropsy did exactly my pace and it would have been an interesting race if we were close together, but we were always seperated by about a second and Cropsy was on a two stop strategy while I did the same pace on a one-stopper. I still had to fight with some damage from my snuggling with Pringles which had impacts on all right-turns but managed to get around with it and Cropsy seemed to have been struggling with similar problems.
I swiftly approached Three Jump and managed to get past him nicely. He seemed to be more concentrated on stability than pace and there were no hard fightings.
This must have been around lap 10, and Spyshagg's performance dropped noticably while my tyres went to optimum temperature and I could do besttimes together with Cropsy, who also soon passed Three Jump and followed me. Later I saw that Spyshagg's pace went well over a second below mine. He was also on a two-stopper. Bad luck with the setup-issue. For he next time: You can adjust the ARBs using the F11-menu without pitting. That would propably have saved you some time.
In around lap 20, where I had already made up around 40-45% of the gap to Spyshagg I came up to Dink and whoever he was fighting with at the moment. The couple was struggling in T3 (the first 90° right hander) when I came up to them. Both of them were slow due to the fight and I tried to sneak past them on the right of the following straight without interfering, but I didn't calculate with Dink's kindness and he made a swift evasive move to the right when he noticed me. So I evaded him to the right, and he made space for me by driving to the right.

The ending is imaginable. Bad luck . Dink seemed to have suffered less from the contact and proceeded racing. I parked my car and later went to spectator-mode, to see what I missed.
But I don't think I missed much. Spyshagg's pace was a good bit lower and I would have passed him during his second pitstop and Cropsy was bound to finish behind me because of his two pitstops. So I propably missed no close fighting action. Thus I'm happy with the end, because I could make myself dinner a lot earlier this way. Congrats to Three Jump for doing exactly the right thing to win.
Wow, that's a long post.

Vain
This thread is closed

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG