The online racing simulator
FM Oval V8 Xsiv
(49 posts, started )
FM Oval V8 Xsiv
Well I must say. I`m truelly disapointed. If you have ever seen a guy that freaks out and go mental (insane) and start baning all, this must be this admin. First kick I got - was too slow to go to pit. Why? lag, if lag it can`t pit.

Second kick, I voted restart, that was enough.

Ban - I got upset and said why kicking me for everything, all he sais is GOT IT? YES?! CAN YOU READ!? and I replied after he said "staning on track will get you baned (or something),", I replied taning on track will get you baned and everything else too.

Okok, I understand, my fault. But seriously, I writed w8, to try to explain. BUt he didn`t even wanted to listen on me. I understand that I maybe should get baned from last thing, but he even just ignored what I said, and kicked me several times because I asked why kicking me, why?!
He was so nasty, I never gonna go there again, and I would advice you to the same. The admin only baned, but never restarted race even if 19 car crashed.

So, over and out, goodbye to FM oval V8 Xsiv server for me. And even if I wanted to explain I can`t since I`m baned for good time now I think.

I try my best, well. Will only say, no hard feelings here, just a little upset. I will see if I can get this transelated to read able language.
I think its a bit hard to understand what you are saying. If you write it down in Norwegian (I know you are a viking :-P) then I think I can try to translate it ;-)
Just sounds like any over enthusiastic admin. I'll admit, I dont know the circumstances etc, but if she/he tried to administrate anything like that in the corporate world, she/he wouldnt last.
Hello.
Let me introduce myself, I am that "overenthusiastic" admin.
We dont have many rules on our server but obviously those few rules are too much for you. One of them rules says "standing on the track gets you banned".
We have many players on the server almost 24/7. I cant argue with everyone who doesnt understand that simple rule. I must admit that sometimes people cant pit because a player is connecting or something else is going on. Since you didnt mention that (or at least i havent seen you mention it) i assumed you were just standing there. I just kicked you even though the rule says "ban".
Minutes later you were standing on the track calling a vote for restart. Standing on the track ruining other peoples race is stupid enough but standing on the track calling votes for restarts deserves a 24h ban - how many 1000 times do i have to push my bind telling people to not stand on the track? A 1000 times is not enough? Is it so hard to press shift+s after crash/spin off/damaged car? I really cant imagine that.
Instead of clearing the track, wich would have solved all problems, you started argueing with me. Obviously you didnt want to understand that the only thing i wanted you to do is to clear the track!
We want people to enjoy their races but unfortunately some people just dont care about others. Rules are not there to piss people off - rules are made to ensure everybody gets the most fun out of it.
Shift+s my friend and you would never have got into trouble.
I hope this cleared things up.
Happy Racing!
Nothing personal FM-Failure, but I've seen a fair few LFS server admins be a bit zealot-y Hopefully I'll be racing you at some stage in the future.

I think what is of most importance, is that theres no obvious way to force users to "read" the rules. As has been suggested in various places, a welcome screen would be the key.
Quote from FM-Failure :Hello.
Let me introduce myself, I am that "overenthusiastic" admin.
We dont have many rules on our server but obviously those few rules are too much for you. One of them rules says "standing on the track gets you banned".
We have many players on the server almost 24/7. I cant argue with everyone who doesnt understand that simple rule. I must admit that sometimes people cant pit because a player is connecting or something else is going on. Since you didnt mention that (or at least i havent seen you mention it) i assumed you were just standing there. I just kicked you even though the rule says "ban".
Minutes later you were standing on the track calling a vote for restart. Standing on the track ruining other peoples race is stupid enough but standing on the track calling votes for restarts deserves a 24h ban - how many 1000 times do i have to push my bind telling people to not stand on the track? A 1000 times is not enough? Is it so hard to press shift+s after crash/spin off/damaged car? I really cant imagine that.
Instead of clearing the track, wich would have solved all problems, you started argueing with me. Obviously you didnt want to understand that the only thing i wanted you to do is to clear the track!
We want people to enjoy their races but unfortunately some people just dont care about others. Rules are not there to piss people off - rules are made to ensure everybody gets the most fun out of it.
Shift+s my friend and you would never have got into trouble.
I hope this cleared things up.
Happy Racing!

Sure, I understand your pount iv veiw. I was standing on track, but look. First time I was standing on the grass, no one could possible hit me, I was typing to try to clear out things, this I should done in pits sorry. But last time I was stadning in pit zone and same happens.
I don`t want to ruin other ppl race, and I can with my hand on heart say that I didn`t standed on track and maked a crash. BUt if I did that of lag or something I`m real sorry. Lets hope this only was a terrible missunderstanding.
Peace, for great and fair racing, pit and chat next time, and a more realxed mood would be nice, so we both has something to improve.
Agreed. I must admit that i experience a lack of patience after being taken out 20 times by cars standing on the track.
The entry screen is a splendid idea and i hope it will be added very soon.
so this means, when you crashed in a race, you have to pit immediately?
seems a tad unreal.. wouldnt you say?
Talking of unreal, I've got a trip to China and Japan next week, next Sat & Sun I'll be staying in Kyoto, which is a really beautiful old historic city. I'm giong to try to find the racetrack there, check it out..

What do you mean, just a game?

The thing is, when you're playing a PC game as a leisure activity, it is sometimes good to sacrifice realism for improvement in gameplay.
Quote from Screeny :so this means, when you crashed in a race, you have to pit immediately?

no doesnt mean that, if crashed ur car, and u still not in control of the car, and there is people coming, yes should pit... its sux i know but, why ruin other people race just because u just lost urs? but for all the others situations, just try not to stay in the racing line, unless there were no serious damage to ur car
Show us the replay!

Seriously, "The Very End" may have problems with english, but doesn't seem to be a bad guy or even an ignorant. Admin of the server talks about people who don't care about others, yet still kicks a player also because his own "lack of patience after being taken out 20 times by cars standing on the track".

In case The Very End is talking the truth (about standing on grass or in a pit lane, not on the track), the FM oval V8 Xsiv server will probably don't have "many players almost 24/7" online too long.

Well, after all, it's the oval right? There are loads of ovals to die from boredom, if that's what you like on LFS, The Very End.
The FM server is way over policed, the admins frequently post multicoloured messages saying "standing on the track gets you banned" etc. but not just one message 6 at a time, and these are the race messages you can't block, this flooding the screen is obsurd (I like to race with virtually no info), there is no need to spam your own server, yes standing cars are an issue, but can you not just type /pitlane?
Quote from RAYfighter :Show us the replay!

Seriously, "The Very End" may have problems with english, but doesn't seem to be a bad guy or even an ignorant. Admin of the server talks about people who don't care about others, yet still kicks a player also because his own "lack of patience after being taken out 20 times by cars standing on the track".

In case The Very End is talking the truth (about standing on grass or in a pit lane, not on the track), the FM oval V8 Xsiv server will probably don't have "many players almost 24/7" online too long.

Well, after all, it's the oval right? There are loads of ovals to die from boredom, if that's what you like on LFS, The Very End.

Hehe, I race oval because I suck at all other racing rofl.
At least I think I got ok time, I got 25.24 here one day, and the fun was that it was on this server, so it`S kind of both side feelings, like mixed hehe.
Keep up the good work admins, just remember. Tho many look likes they just are totaly screwed up people that tries to destroy for others, the reality may be a else. So, don`t judge people by first look
Quote from ajp71 :The FM server is way over policed, the admins frequently post multicoloured messages saying "standing on the track gets you banned" etc. but not just one message 6 at a time, and these are the race messages you can't block, this flooding the screen is obsurd (I like to race with virtually no info), there is no need to spam your own server, yes standing cars are an issue, but can you not just type /pitlane?

Couldn't agree more. I found myself having to block messages on this server a few days ago, because as well as forcing the message to flash in the middle of everyone's screen at the start of the race, the admins would flood the server (possibly causing an unnecessary accident at the same time).

Sure, kick someone if they're genuinely sitting on the racing line, but don't distract everyone by spamming the server, and don't enforce silly rules for the sake of enforcing them.
i sadly made the same experience on this server. its my first day playing licenced S2.

i dont remember me standing on track. im allways trying to drive carefully.
after someone touched me at start i spinned and caused an accident and got banned after this.

sorry but im not trained to hit shift+s in less then 0.1 sec.

anyway i hope i can get a second chance.
Quote from Lightsaver :i sadly made the same experience on this server. its my first day playing licenced S2.

i dont remember me standing on track. im allways trying to drive carefully.
after someone touched me at start i spinned and caused an accident and got banned after this.

sorry but im not trained to hit shift+s in less then 0.1 sec.

anyway i hope i can get a second chance.

Its cool. You'll get bored of the silly oval races and join some real servers soon enough. People tend to be a lot less silly on the servers that involve right turns in my humble experience.

I don't go to the FV8 oval servers often anymore because they are quite often full of sillyness of all sorts.

Banning people for a spin at the start is absurd and ridiculous. If the person behind you can't avoid you, its their own damn fault.
I personally stay away from oval servers..too many crashes.
Because the most people can not oval racing in a pulk of cars. At the oval races you need 100% conzentration and you need to KNOW where are the other cars and whats the line they drive when they pass you. To look around is importend too. I like oval racing. Yesterday i winn a race with only 0:00.01 sec before my team mate. Thats adrenalin pure. But many people need to learn how to race in oval with other people. I see them swich from left to right and back without checking if a car is beside or short behind and then its chrashing.
Ok, I really like playing on this server...

Its really cool to play with like 20 people, but there need to be rules, its _very_ annoying not te be able to start off properly, because some jackass overthrottles (or something)(or not being able to drive through the first round)
(yea, I too make mistakes sometime, but it takes no more than 1 second for me to press shift+s and pit immidiately.

I know everyone makes mistakes sometime but its really annoying if you crash someone, and you have to wait vor 10 minutes before the race starts again.
Oval racing can be fun occasionally but I have no idea why this server is the most popular with such noobish admins.
Well i am an admin of the FM v8 server and hold the 3rd fastest hotlap time on oval (in relation to the actual time), so i am no "noob", i remember you ajp71 and i remember you being one of the slower drivers on the server, so calling us noobs is a bit hypocritical do you not think?

It angers me to find people bitching and moaning about what we can do and can't do with the server, do you pay for it? no. albeit the case with the very end is misfortunate, and i'm sure it can be rectified. I remember him from a while ago and he is a fair decent racer, however most of the time these bans are also calls from 10 other people on ventrilo (who the majority arn't FM members), we hold ventrilo to try and bring the community of oval racers together.

I find it incredulous that people cannot understand a simple rule to shift-s off a track and avoid taking out half the pack (This happens so regulary its going out of fashion), so the banning of these poor drivers keeps these crashes from happening in future. Rules are there to be obeyed, could you imagine a F1 championship without rules, or even any car championship? It just doesn't happen. Lucky thing for those drivers is that everyone follows the set out guidelines.

All i can say is if you don't like it keep out, but i believe we hold a fair server and this is clarified by the amount of people that are always on the server, most weekends we find the server filled to the brim with 23/23. This has been happening for over 2 months and it shows no sign of giving up. We also hold oval and other track events which happens to be quite popular.

Sorry about the moan but i wanted to get this opinion out.
Quote from ajp71 :Oval racing can be fun occasionally but I have no idea why this server is the most popular with such noobish admins.

Why is an Admin "Noobish" becuase they have placed a set of rules, and because people do not follow they get kicked or banned?

This is not noobish, and i have raced on this server over a period of 1 month, and not been kicked - simply because i have not broke the simple rules.
hm im still have no clue why i got banned without warning.

as i said i didnt blocked the track nor caused an accident myself.
I know, as my post started it seems like there is admins on that server that are very strict and maybe not correct on their judgements.
No offence mean here, but I have seen people gets kicks etc etc after a normal accident. As admin you should know what is accidents and what is a crasher..

FM Oval V8 Xsiv
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG