The online racing simulator
Curbs in track maker
(22 posts, started )
#1 - aoun
Curbs in track maker
Wheather it be on a actual track or the parking lot/autocross etc.. I think being able to add curbs will be a good thing.. .
#2 - CSU1
Quote from aoun :Wheather it be on a actual track or the parking lot/autocross etc.. I think being able to add curbs will be a good thing.. .

WHY?
#3 - aoun
Why.. well able to make racing more instresting cause you can use the curbs to position the kart or other cars too.. plus make it more real to the tracks which have curbing were the carpark/autocross dont..
well.. you just gave us the reason why we dont need them; because autocross doesn't have them

i cant say i've ever seen a 'pack-up-and-go curb'

(btw, theres no "track maker")
There are curbs you can place in reallife and all you do is bolt them to the ground. I want curbs in the Autocross editor, it would really add to making a proper course.

I think it has been suggested before, but never in a new thread
+1

A selection of maybe 3-4 different radiuses would be nice, too.
first person to show me a picture of what these autocross curbs looks like

wins... a monkey
not really
Quote from XCNuse :first person to show me a picture of what these autocross curbs looks like

wins... a monkey
not really

I wish I knew what to search for, because I cannot find any pictures. Basically they are a hard plastic and they bolt into the pavement. You'd see them a lot in indoor courses or outdoor courses with karting or heck... even RC cars.
#9 - Ndrew
Here you go

Crappy, sry

Edit: i could use it aswell, so +1 from me.
Attached images
au_curb1.jpg
au_curb2.jpg
+1 I didn't know there were curbs in autocross, too .
lol those aren't really curbs..

actually, it looks like its just some cloth (just stating, not implying any meaning)

i can see curbs being on kart tracks, but.. those are little gocarts on an actual track (indoor or out) so..

dunno, i dont say + or -, only because it would just be another thing which.. has no real purpose as compared to the other choices (ei: you can point out turns with barriers.. cones, etc.; this would just be another way of showing it)
The thing is, we don't have BUMPS in the autocross stuff, and adding curbs would really add to an enjoyment for layouts.
#13 - aoun
The curbs are also useful for drifters too! .

XCNuse, if you dont like the idea, just say -1.. simple .
because i never said i dont like it
+1
#16 - aoun
We just like to be the realism police, so usually suggestions undergo some scrutiny with whether it is real or just fantasy (but eh this game is fantasy anyways)... because LFS needs something to compare with.

So regarding these curbs, yes they are real, and you can buy some sort of plastic road curbs that bolt on the ground. I have seen some used in Autocross courses, but they are rare. Basically if you've ever seen those bolt-on speedbumps on the road (non paved, plastic ones), then that is the best example I could give. I just have no clue what the plastic curbs are called (and "plastic curbs" gives me poor results).
but i guess these are just called plastic curbs, to be used in lightest weight class races (R/C), because these vehicles don't destroy them... (the smaller ones).
#19 - aoun
Plastic curbs are the same and react with the car the same as paved curbs.. theres no difference except the noise going over them :P.
#21 - CSU1
:elefant:
Eh! I couldn't find a monkey but this will have to do ...
TaDa! There you go
If you ever get to see a good pic of the turn going on to the back straight on the Indianapolis Road Course they use a bolted in metal curb on the exit. I'll try to find a pic of it.

Curbs in track maker
(22 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG