The online racing simulator
Several hopefully smaller suggestions
Removal of blue flags in qualy - Am I the only one, who thinks blue flags are slightly weird in qualy context?

Display of other players' pitting times - Preferably with a selection between standing time and pit lane time. This helps to time your own pit stops and adds more tactic.

Position change notifier - Perhaps by colored flashing of driver names. This helps to follow the movements around you.

Position list shown until finish - When the first racer crosses the line, everyone else simply sees the list of finished drivers in stead of the position list. Unfortunately especially on long configurations it can occur, that you don't know what happens around you for half a lap or more. I know there's a key combo to switch between the two lists, but I think it's better, if the position list is permanently shown to players, who are still able to finish.

Working traffic lights at pit exit - Please, simply to remind those not looking at the map or having it turned off; also adds more simulation feeling. (I think, I've read this suggestion somewhere before...)

Although I'm quite sure these suggestions are not listed in the sticky, yet: I'm sorry, if they are.
Quote from Blue-Ray :Removal of blue flags in qualy - Am I the only one, who thinks blue flags are slightly weird in qualy context?

When all cars are on track together for quali, Blue Flags are necessary imo. I like all of the rest of your suggestions, though
Quote from MAGGOT :When all cars are on track together for quali, Blue Flags are necessary imo. I like all of the rest of your suggestions, though

The blue flag indicates, that someone is in an position, which attends him the right to pass you without fighting you.
In a qualification, everyone is equal - no matter how many laps one has travelled.
Quote from Blue-Ray :In a qualification, everyone is equal - no matter how many laps one has travelled.

Wrong IMO. If one is on the outlap and another driver on a fast lap, he should get a blue flag imo.

+1 to your other suggestions.
Quote from zeugnimod :Wrong IMO. If one is on the outlap and another driver on a fast lap, he should get a blue flag imo.

Exactly.
+1 to the others

usually in leagues (or atleast when i raced in some nations cup in spring) we didn't qualify like people do online, we did it the way its supposed to be done, by alloting each person a set number of laps, and you have that time to get your qualifying time down; rather than getting unlimited number of laps to improve your time
#7 - Gunn
The light at the end of pit lane is usually a blue light and has a similar meaning to a blue flag. It is used when another car(s) are approaching the area where the pit exits on to the track. I think this is likely to be implemented at some time in the future because it is practical and realistic.

As for the finishing list, I would turn that off personally. Ditto for pit times of other drivers. I would like to see pit boards as a feature though.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG