The online racing simulator
Schubert - Ave Maria performed by Bocelli
New Black Eyed Peas Album
Yoko Kanno - Know Your Enemy
Simon and Garfunkel - Richard Cory
Jethro Tull - The Chequered Flag
Jay Z & Alicia - Empire state of mind.
Keri Hilson - I like
Depeche Mode - I Feel You (from Songs of Faith and Devotion Live)
Depeche Mode - Hole To Feed
Depeche Mode - Wrong
Depeche Mode - Suffer Well

-
(Töki (HUN)) DELETED by Töki (HUN)
Fedde le Grand - Let me be real
Weezer - Say it ain't so
Roger Waters - The Pros & Cons Of Hitch Hiking

Haven't listened to this for a good 15 years... forgot how good it is, and the production is amazing. Sounded absolutely fantastic on the old headphones.
Quote from zeugnimod :Scooter steals a part of another popular song in EVERY of their songs.

but it never was that obvious, imo. ti sento is almost a 1:1 copy .. and well, have a look at this ... they took elements from four different songs (I think the guy who made the video forgot to mention Tat & Zat - Proud to be Loud) and are now probably earning more money than each of the four artists ever did .. but oh well, can't blame them - it's the guys who buy it

on topic: Deichkind - Luftbahn

EDIT: oh, and I have to quote technoboy's letter concerning ti sento
Quote :Dear H.P. Baxxter. Yesterday was the release of your new album ‘Scooter – Under The Radar Over The Top’. What a masterpiece, amazing how you created all those hits by yourself. It’s no secret that us hardstyle producers get inspiration from existing tracks every now and then as well. Matia Bazar’s ‘Ti Sento’ for instance, an Italian track full of emotion that really meant something important to me. That’s why we dedicated a hardstyle version of this track to her (which we have been working on for weeks to make it 100% perfect and carrying the same emotion as the original) and mentioned her name on the vinyl. After listening to your album it appeared to me that I’m a sort of Matia Bazar to you as well. I’m glad I could be of inspiration and I feel so honored you used all sort of tracks we made here at Saifam to create these musical masterpieces. As well very friendly of you that you mentioned me and all the other hardstyle producers that inspired you in the credits of your cd.

I’m already looking forward to your next album and please, give us a call at Saifam when you plan to start it. We’ll be delighted to provide you our unreleased tracks so you can get inspiration from those again without people noticing. You clearly do this for the love of the music and not for the love of money. Since we made all those tracks with a huge love for hardstyle music we are really happy you respected that on your album. You really Jadore hardstyle- and core, H.P. Baxxter. Thank you and keep up the good work!

Symphony X - Fool's Paradise

"...Is this the end of all we know..."
Quote from Jens O. :but it never was that obvious, imo. ti sento is almost a 1:1 copy .. and well, have a look at this ... they took elements from four different songs (I think the guy who made the video forgot to mention Tat & Zat - Proud to be Loud) and are now probably earning more money than each of the four artists ever did .. but oh well, can't blame them - it's the guys who buy it

on topic: Deichkind - Luftbahn

EDIT: oh, and I have to quote technoboy's letter concerning ti sento

It's always obvious when it comes to Scooter's songs. Heck, I don't even know how he keeps doing it without any lawsuits against him.

Still, the electronic music scene is based on ripping stuff off other people and, from that perspective, Scooter does a reasonably good job. While most people in the business like to pretend that it's all about the music, he's not ashamed to state through his work that he's in for the money and doesn't see any problems in sampling other people's work in order to make his own songs. I'm not a fan of hardcore, but many of his songs (as well as other, probably sampled as well, artists' music) reach the maximum level of joy possible for me to get from listening to them. His ripping off of Where The Streets Have No End is truly dreadful, I'll give you that.

Although ripping stuff from another hardcore producer might indeed be crossing the line....
Korn - Ever Be

good ol´times
David Guetta - The World Is Mine
This thread is closed

The what music are you listening to now thread
(16853 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG