The online racing simulator
dissatisfaction
(49 posts, started )
dissatisfaction
I am a player of demonstration and I note a lack of respect of people which comes to disturb the order on the waiters demonstration by banishing the players then while making plant the waiter , people as me cannot treat to the license s2 because one does not have all a credit card to pay by Internet, jtrouve that really damage on behalf of his people to thus degrade there the image of this play , let us not forget that this play is initially left in demonstration and that it is thanks to that which play to evolve to be what it is now ,
if these people there thus operates the waiters of demonstration, I do not dare to imagine their way on the waiters license s2, that of being made fear and desire of me décarcasser does not give me to buy this play , there I know LFS since the whole first patch, well before the s1, it is damage to degrade the image of a play in this manner
#2 - Rob76
I'm not sure what you're saying. Did you use babelfish to translate?
If you've played LFS since the first patches you'd know that there aren't as many wreckers who degrade the LFS experience. Pre-S1 I raced with many people and rarely came across anyone who caused trouble, its only a reasonably recent issue.

The problem is that theres very few ways to police the demo servers. If you have any good suggestions then please bring them forward, but I fear that there wont be much that we've not heard before.

Bear in mind, many of the people who provide the better demo servers do so in their own spare time, and cannot police them 24/7 (hence the idea of an automated ban sharing system that was suggested a few months ago).
#4 - ajp71
I think that was about quality of players on the demo servers. All I can say is that's what to expect from free, unregistered online gaming. The S2 servers are a lot cleaner
:S i dont think your translator worked out to well here..

edit- oh my god how many people can post at the same time lol
New Mars Volta lyrics?
I think that a divided demo would be nice, Having a "Registered" and a "Public" demo.
#9 - SamH
^^ Great lyrics!

Is there a really GOOD translator online, which does a good job of converting from, say, French to English? I know there are some bad ones, even if they do make good lyrics. Not everyone is gifted in speaking other languages. The British, for example.
Or a human translator
Quote from SamH :^^ Great lyrics!

Is there a really GOOD translator online, which does a good job of converting from, say, French to English? I know there are some bad ones, even if they do make good lyrics. Not everyone is gifted in speaking other languages. The British, for example.

Forget other languages, most of us can't even speak English, let alone something else.
The more ironic part is, that people who natively speak English, tend to speak it worse online, then the foreigners speak it.
ok jvais écrire en francais alors puisque le traducteur que j'ai utiliser n'à pas l'air de trop bien fonctionner . je comprends les réactions de beaucoup , la démo est gratuite donc faut pas s'attendre à avoir des joueurs super clean mais quand même , déjà comme ca l'image est pas belle à cause de certains joueurs mais si en plus des crétins viennent pourrir les serveurs en les fesant planter comme j'expliquais , il y a des gens comme moi qui ne peuve pas faire de payment par internet sinon il y a longtemps que je l'aurait acheter . si ça ennuye certaines personnes qu'il y est une démo , quils fassent planter les serveurs de la s2 aussi , qu'ils fassent comprendre leur mécontentement aux développeurs mais qu'ils ne fassent pas payer le prix à des gens qui veulent se détendre et prendre du bon temps
Quote from SamH :...

To be fair Sam, Tony Blair's pretty good at doublespeak

That OP is a good enough reason never to use babel fish (unless you are indeed trying to write Mars Volta lyrics - yes, best band ever btw). It probably would have been a good idea to post in German/French and ask someone here to translate Lots of friendly, bi-lingual Germans/French play LFS after all :up:

I think I understood it though: loads of idiots in the LFS demo make it difficult for newbs to have any good races. Demo retards are a fact of life, unfortunately. Stick with it, perhaps join a team/league (access to pw'd servers) or buy S2 and things will improve on that front :up:
Quote from dawesdust_12 :The more ironic part is, that people who natively speak English, tend to speak it worse online, then the foreigners speak it.

That's due to most foreigners want to learn the language, where as most English don't. In my case I suck purely at the whole language, and one could say learning it at an old age
Only in the past year or so, have I started to concentrate on my English typing. Before I'd type with every letter being capitalized or lowercase. Now, people get mad at me on MSN when I actually do speak with proper grammar because they assume that I'm older.
#17 - SamH
Quote from Hankstar :To be fair Sam, Tony Blair's pretty good at doublespeak

Speaking as a pacifist, I'd like to kick his head in sometimes!

Quote from morphalus :ok jvais écrire en francais alors puisque le traducteur que j'ai utiliser n'à pas l'air de trop bien fonctionner . je comprends les réactions de beaucoup , la démo est gratuite donc faut pas s'attendre à avoir des joueurs super clean mais quand même , déjà comme ca l'image est pas belle à cause de certains joueurs mais si en plus des crétins viennent pourrir les serveurs en les fesant planter comme j'expliquais , il y a des gens comme moi qui ne peuve pas faire de payment par internet sinon il y a longtemps que je l'aurait acheter . si ça ennuye certaines personnes qu'il y est une démo , quils fassent planter les serveurs de la s2 aussi , qu'ils fassent comprendre leur mécontentement aux développeurs mais qu'ils ne fassent pas payer le prix à des gens qui veulent se détendre et prendre du bon temps

I actually understood much of this better than the translated version.

"Okay, I'm going to write in French because the translator I used isn't working well - I understand lots/enough of those reactions."

I think he goes on to say that the demo users give LFS a bad image. He's either saying that some people who are S2 licenced, he's seen using demo servers to behave badly on.. or is he just saying that people who play demo will ASSUME that the same kind of behaviour happens on S2?

He also says he can't buy LFS on the internet, I think.

My French stinks. I'm so ashamed!
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Only in the past year or so, have I started to concentrate on my English typing. Before I'd type with every letter being capitalized or lowercase. Now, people get mad at me on MSN when I actually do speak with proper grammar because they assume that I'm older.

I used to use lowercase and a mix and match of shorthand and full English. Then I read back a few of my posts, and noticed that I couldn't understand a word of it, so I started to learn real English. Progress hampered by my lack of ability to remember anything as such forget the spelling of a word almost as soon as I read it.

And these days I think I talk to maybe two people who still use shorthand, but even they are slowly starting to use English. The silly thing is people tell me short hand is faster. But I spend more time working out shorthand then I would spend writing it out. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Quote from SamH :My French stinks. I'm so ashamed!

dawesdust_12 can translate it, his french. ;p
I find its easier to type in full sentences, rather than using shorthand, because:
1) you have to explain it using multiple posts
2) people lose respect for you

EDIT: Just because I am Canadian, doesn't mean I speak french. If anything, my spanish is better than my French.
#20 - Jakg
I thought he meant the demo wreckers that claim their only wrecking to get you to buy S2
If I understand the OP correctly, he's saying that not many people will desire to purchase S2 because the demo servers give a bad impression of what the full product will be like.

He's 100% right! I had to twist my friends arm to buy S2 because of the idiots int he demo servers just ruined the experience for him. I too had the same worries before I bought S2. Infact I tried the demo ages ago and wasn't all that impressed with online play (the game's key feature) simply because everyone would just wreck on T1, drive the wrong way, spend the whole time doing burnouts or drifting when people are trying to race.

Only through word of mouth did I purchase S2, so there's little wonder that demo users outnumber licensed users. When S2 is finished, a new demo will have to be worked on, one that counters all of these problems on demo servers.
Quote from morphalus :ok jvais écrire en francais alors puisque le traducteur que j'ai utiliser n'à pas l'air de trop bien fonctionner . je comprends les réactions de beaucoup , la démo est gratuite donc faut pas s'attendre à avoir des joueurs super clean mais quand même , déjà comme ca l'image est pas belle à cause de certains joueurs mais si en plus des crétins viennent pourrir les serveurs en les fesant planter comme j'expliquais , il y a des gens comme moi qui ne peuve pas faire de payment par internet sinon il y a longtemps que je l'aurait acheter . si ça ennuye certaines personnes qu'il y est une démo , quils fassent planter les serveurs de la s2 aussi , qu'ils fassent comprendre leur mécontentement aux développeurs mais qu'ils ne fassent pas payer le prix à des gens qui veulent se détendre et prendre du bon temps

I'll translate then...

..."Ok... I'll write in French since the translator I used doesn't seem to work all that well. I understand everyone's reactions that oh, the demo is free thus we cannot expect all that much to see many very clean racers, but thet again. The image isn't good because of certain players, but if to add to that there are plenty of idiots that come on and just wrecks everything . As I said before, there are some people like myself that cannot make any internet payments, cause otherwise I would have bought it a long time ago. If it bores people that there is a demo version, then why don't they just go and wreck the servers of the S2 as well. They should make the developers understand their "unhappyness" instead of making other players who wish to relax and have a good time, pay the price while driving."

By the way, you can pay with a money order if you can't pay via the internet.
En passant, tu peut payer avec un mandat poste si tu ne veut pas payer par internet.

It's too bad the demo servers are like this, because it does ruin the fun of many.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I find its easier to type in full sentences, rather than using shorthand, because:
1) you have to explain it using multiple posts
2) people lose respect for you

EDIT: Just because I am Canadian, doesn't mean I speak french. If anything, my spanish is better than my French.

Indeed, and trying to talk tech to someone to help them fix a computer issue is near impossable unless you use full sentences.

It was a joke sweetheart. Hence the ;p at the end.
#24 - Jakg
Quote from P5YcHoM4N :Indeed, and trying to talk tech to someone to help them fix a computer issue is near impossable unless you use full sentences.

It was a joke sweetheart. Hence the ;p at the end.

what ?
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from Jakg :what ?

No, semi-colon, pee.

Winking tounge sticky outy smilie that but shorter.

dissatisfaction
(49 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG