The online racing simulator
More Penalty for RESETTING
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Zimmi
Hi,

I'm not really amused of the "resetting" Feature, cause many people use that much too often.

My suggestion:

By pressing the reset button (default "space") the car slowly appears (fading) instead of that actual jumping manner.

This has two advantages in my opinion:

1. The racer who used that "cheat" gets more penalty time
2. Racers who follow that car can prepare of that slowly appearing car and have more time to react

What do you think ???
#2 - Jakg
makes it more arcadey (yeah, i know reset is, but i dont like the idea), now starting by the marshalls entrance to the track with your engine off, neutral and handbrake seems like a better idea
Quote from Jakg :makes it more arcadey (yeah, i know reset is, but i dont like the idea), now starting by the marshalls entrance to the track with your engine off, neutral and handbrake seems like a better idea

+1
#4 - Zimmi
Hmmm... arcadly... if thats the case I agree. But yesterday I had an incident where I hadn't any chance to react cause suddenly a resetted car appeared in front of me !!! If there would have been a short fadding time by 1 sec I probably managed to avoid that crash. 1 sec would be enough I guess.

You are right, resetting is arcade style and I dont like it, so we have to live with that and I think with that small suggestion I would live better with that "cheat"
I've been playing TOCA3 a lot recently and I like the system it has for getting the car back on it's wheels, and think it'd work in LFS.

When the vehicle comes to a stop it basically just slowly rights itself again, as if it's getting rolled over by marshalls or maybe even helpful crowd members. It means the car doesn't suddenly appear somewhere on the track in front of people and if you see someone on their roof you know to give them a wide berth when passing.
I cant remember ever using reset. Normally I just shift-s. It's annoying enough seeing a car just dissapear in front of you but a hell lot more annoying seeing one materialize.

I don't see the usefulness of reset considering we have shift-s. I'm all for disabling resetting altogether. If you've screwed up, go back to the pits.
#7 - Veiti
... there was a feature in "Grand Prix Legends", so you was only allowed to reset, if nobody's near you on track / was coming to the reset-position of your car.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
I think that resetting should be totally removed. If a car is flipped, it should be forced to spectate. Shift-S should also go, and so should mid race join unless the race is over 15 laps.
#9 - Zimmi
"you was only allowed to reset, if nobody's near you on track / was coming to the reset-position of your car."

thats a possible solution !!!!!

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG