The online racing simulator
Router Issue...
(3 posts, started )
Router Issue...
I've ben using a wireless router at home for months without any hint of troubles. However, today, it seems that my network connection has changed. It used to be called 'Home,' and be a secured network. Now, it is called 'linksys' and is no longer protected. At first, I thought that my router just may not be responding and need to be reset as we had a power outage last night. The 'linksys' router that I was now seeing I had assumed was just a neighbour's new network connection. After resetting the router manually, my old 'Home' network still did not appear. I didn't think much of it and thought 'I'll just leach off of this new linksys network for the internet for a bit to get a few things done.' Now that I've finished whatever tasks I had to do, I'm trying to figure out the problem here.

The router is in the basement, and I use the laptop in my room (2 stories away from the router). While in my room I usually recieve a low-good signal. I figured that maybe I'd just have to go the basement with the laptop to connect to it today and then all would be fine. Not the case it seems. I reset the router again (while still connected to this mystery 'linksys' network) and I found my internet had shut off, until my router was back online. I also noted that while in my room, I was recieving a low signal from the linksys network, while in the basement right beside my router I now recieve an excellent signal. The only logical conclusion I can make of this is that my network connection has somehow been changed.

Does any of this make sense to anyone? The old 'Home' network still appears in my preferred networks list, but it does not show up as being within range. Instead, just this linksys network appears.

Anyone know what to do here? I have the dektop PC directly connected via Ethernet cable to my router, which I understand is necessary to change settings. I can't find anywhere to rename the network or change security settings on it, though.

Any help is appreciated
Quote from MAGGOT :I've ben using a wireless router at home for months without any hint of troubles. However, today, it seems that my network connection has changed. It used to be called 'Home,' and be a secured network. Now, it is called 'linksys' and is no longer protected. At first, I thought that my router just may not be responding and need to be reset as we had a power outage last night. The 'linksys' router that I was now seeing I had assumed was just a neighbour's new network connection. After resetting the router manually, my old 'Home' network still did not appear. I didn't think much of it and thought 'I'll just leach off of this new linksys network for the internet for a bit to get a few things done.' Now that I've finished whatever tasks I had to do, I'm trying to figure out the problem here.

The router is in the basement, and I use the laptop in my room (2 stories away from the router). While in my room I usually recieve a low-good signal. I figured that maybe I'd just have to go the basement with the laptop to connect to it today and then all would be fine. Not the case it seems. I reset the router again (while still connected to this mystery 'linksys' network) and I found my internet had shut off, until my router was back online. I also noted that while in my room, I was recieving a low signal from the linksys network, while in the basement right beside my router I now recieve an excellent signal. The only logical conclusion I can make of this is that my network connection has somehow been changed.

Does any of this make sense to anyone? The old 'Home' network still appears in my preferred networks list, but it does not show up as being within range. Instead, just this linksys network appears.

Anyone know what to do here? I have the dektop PC directly connected via Ethernet cable to my router, which I understand is necessary to change settings. I can't find anywhere to rename the network or change security settings on it, though.

Any help is appreciated

To change the settings, go into internet explorer on the PC. In the top, try putting in "192.168.1.1", or "192.168.0.1", or "192.168.1.0". Then, just enter your password.
I had tried that before but it looked as if it was only for setting up a new network. I had a look again and after a few minutes of fumbling around I got it fixed up. Thanks mate

Router Issue...
(3 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG