The online racing simulator
Stacking
(12 posts, started )
Stacking
Why cant we stack items like hay? (see screenshot) It would be cool for stunts tracks. Another suggestion would be walls, walls that you can stack and run into, some that fall when you hit and some that dont just a thought
Attached images
cool....JPG
I like that idea.

It would also be good if we could get ramps on other tracks than just Blackwood, fire rings, stacks of cars, breakable boards.

Then we could create our own stunt show on the oval.
When you say 'stack' do you mean pile on top of eachother or do you mean crash? I'd settle for proper damage on the cars before damage to scenery, it is primarily supposed to be a racing sim, not a stunt designer.
Quote from al heeley :When you say 'stack' do you mean pile on top of eachother or do you mean crash? I'd settle for proper damage on the cars before damage to scenery, it is primarily supposed to be a racing sim, not a stunt designer.

pile on top of each other for show
Yeah, thats a great idea. Wait, let's divert Scawen from his work so we can stack bales of hay on top of eachother then crash into them.

...computer says no.
me = happy untill :bluegrab: .....
Quote from al heeley :Yeah, thats a great idea. Wait, let's divert Scawen from his work so we can stack bales of hay on top of eachother then crash into them.

...computer says no.

Quote from al heeley :.....we are on this forum for a reason, positive contributions to the community that we all enjoy require a tiny amount of self restraint at times and a little discipline.

Does that cover sarcasm?
Yes it did.

It was just an idea Al.
And it also covers daft ideas that have nothing to do with a racing sim.
Without knowing the actual system LFS implements it's not possible to say whether the following is the case, but in most physics systems you place the object higher than the location and then let it settle under "normal" forces. Using this knowledge, and assuming that LFS also behaves like this, the only thing that would really need fixing would be the UI for making layouts and changing some of LFS' assumptions.

Granted its not exactly an important thing, but it would be interesting to see at some point in the distant future.

Quote from al heeley :And it also covers daft ideas that have nothing to do with a racing sim.

Al, you're right it has nothing to do with creating a racing sim, but it is to do with creating an immersive player-driven (as in design) racing sim environment which Scawen has stated an interest in, in the past.
No one on this forum can deny that they have/have had their moments where they like to create a layout and doss. Everyones done it before. I mean to be honest, we were all demo racers at one point.
obviously it should be done at one point in time

hey its real to stack stuff right? if not well.. you wouldn't be sitting on a chair right now

Stacking
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG