The online racing simulator
Suggested improvements for dedicated server
Scawen, please...

1. make support downloads skins for local dedicated server
2. make offline stats for local dedicated server
3. add to console dedicated server show time messages and when users connected to server

p.s. sorry, i don`t know english
A log window history yes +1, the rest are not really appropriate.
Why not really appropriate? Just I want exchange skins with my friends on local dedicated server without internet connection.
You could already do that by sending the files to each other and then putting them into the skins_x directory manually.

Fattening the netcode or integrating a HTTP server into the dedicated host doesn't really seem to be a good idea, imho.
For stats it is probably better to continue doing it the existing way rather than a defecto LFS standard, there are a few stat programs about and if you run them whilst you race you can get the results the moment you finish racing. LFS Stats is one, LFS Companion (in my sig) is another).
I want the source code of a commandline version of the dedicated server. That way, I could compile the dedicated server for linux, or any other OS.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I want the source code of a commandline version of the dedicated server.

You must be kidding
Quote from DEVIL 007 :You must be kidding

Why would I be kidding? I really do! It's only source code, nothing to be afraid of.
A linux version would be very useful because Linux servers are much cheaper to setup/rent than Windows machines.

I dont think Scawen needs to give the source code away to do it though, that would just open the game up to exploits.
Quote from wheel4hummer :I want the source code of a commandline version of the dedicated server. That way, I could compile the dedicated server for linux, or any other OS.

You'd have to modify it first, before it would even compile and that only assumes that you've have to change headers, etc.

My bet is that, given the past source Scawen has released, the dedicated server still uses the WSA events, rather than berkley sockets, which would mean you'd effectively have to rewrite a vast amount of it.

I'm still serious in my offer that if anyone has reverse engineered the LFS protocol then I'll sit down and port what I can to various OS', including linux. I've tried sitting down, packet sniffing and then working out what each bit does, unfortunately theres quite a lot of it there to look at and I really don't have the time sadly. Hell, I havent even finished libLFSW yet! Ideally it would take a team of us to work out the network transactions required, and I'm also fully prepared to help out with that, but it's not something that would be easily done on your own when you have a more than full time job to pin down.
I guess we can just run the dedicated server in WINE for now.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG