The online racing simulator
Should I download Firefox?
(40 posts, started )
Hi... I'm having this debate in my head whether to download firefox or not. I've been using IE for ages and I got used to it, should I download firefox?
#2 - wE1l
I used Maxthon(very similar to Firefox) for a while, nothing too special really, it's all a question of habit to me. Later on I went back to the IE routine.
you'll proably find that firefox is no different to IE in functionality, I've been using it for a a couple of years now and it seems faster than IE, with the added bonus of less popups and more (some of them very cool) plugins.

and of course it's not by micro$oft
#4 - joen
Quote from Xaid0n :Hi... I'm having this debate in my head whether to download firefox or not. I've been using IE for ages and I got used to it, should I download firefox?

Why have a debate over it? Worst thing that could happen after you download it is that you don't like it.

Personally I've been using Firefox for a very long time, and I wouldn't want to live without it anymore. I doubt you'll need a long time to get used to it.
how can i uninstall IE? lol
#6 - Bean0
Get it installed, I'd be surprised if you go back to IE.

Edit: You don't need to uninstall IE, just set FF to be your default internet browser. It may even do this for you during the installation.
wow this looks great, I like changing the themes, hehe better than IE
Attached images
firefox.jpg
Quote from wE1l :I used Maxthon(very similar to Firefox) for a while, nothing too special really, it's all a question of habit to me. Later on I went back to the IE routine.

Maxthon is just IE "mod". So it simply sucks as much as IE sucks.
#9 - ORION
If you use ebay and dont want some random guys to buy stuff with your money, you should definately switch to FireFox
If you are using IE you should download Firefox.

If you are using a better browser, you shouldn't.

"Better" is entirely down to personal choice of course, but when it comes to security IE is so poor that personal prefference should not be a deciding factor.
Speed: Opera>Firefox>IE
Customization: Firefox>Opera>IE
Security: Firefox=>Opera>IE

That's how I see it.
Speed: Avante > Others > Safari.
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from wheel4hummer :
Speed: Firefox with fasterfox extension >>>>>> Opera>Firefox>IE

That's how I see it.

just added a bit bold
I have a mate who swears by firefox too.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Speed: Opera>Firefox>IE

That's how I see it.

Firefox is more secure than Opera? HAHAHA. You're joking right.

Opera has some cool tricks for customization, that Firefox hasn't got.
#17 - joen
Quote from Lible :Firefox is more secure than Opera? HAHAHA. You're joking right.

Opera has some cool tricks for customization, that Firefox hasn't got.

like what? taking firefox extensions into consideration ofcourse.
Firefox doesnt support Quicktime though
#20 - joen
Quote from whitey6272 :Firefox doesnt support Quicktime though

Nonsense. I play QuickTime movie trailers all the time.
Quote from ORION :If you use ebay and dont want some random guys to buy stuff with your money, you should definately switch to FireFox

Same thing happens with every browser if you install programs with spyware/trojans illepall
Quote from deggis :Site secretly made by Microsoft?

Quote :Disclaimer - This page is in no way affiliated with Microsoft, Comcast or anyone else. This page does not claim the Mozilla Foundation/Corporation is the originator of any of these Myths. This page is not an endorsement for any web browser. This page is not a review of Firefox. This page is not a comparison guide. (Use the Freeware Browser Guide to compare browsers) All Myths relate to running the default install of Firefox in Windows with no Extensions. Please read carefully and look at the sources. The examples and sources are two different things, read the Myths Origins sections for more information. Firefox Myths is designed to debunk the most common Myths heard about Firefox - Period.

If it was made by MS they wouldn't make Opera sound better either
#24 - wE1l
Quote from deggis :Maxthon is just IE "mod". So it simply sucks as much as IE sucks.

Thanks for that. I am giving it a try now, and it goes very well for the momet. (Never mind the little problem, just sorted it out)
You mean in Firefox? Eh simply organize your bookmarks to fit your liking? Bookmarks -> Manage bookmarks

(40 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG