The online racing simulator
True but then you could say that about a used Ford Ka, or Nissan Micra too =P and you would still have an older car, but yes it would be cheaper.
#28 - noTe
Quote from lalathegreat :Me personnally if i had 20-25K to spend on a car, i would Get A Ek cvic and overhaul it aftermarket suspension bla bla bla. as for the engine i would get a k24 or k20. And that would eat any SRT
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-678651377361927206

Highly doubt it. You have no idea how a SRT-4 handles with great suspension. We recently finished 3rd place in the World Challenge series with Acuras all finishing behind it.
Quote from noTe :Highly doubt it. You have no idea how a SRT-4 handles with great suspension. We recently finished 3rd place in the World Challenge series with Acuras all finishing behind it.

Well with modded suspensions and everything tweaked, it's more up to the driver, but they can make and take corners well. I was thinking more along the lines of production cars. With mods you can pretty much make a car do anything if you have the cash to do it.

OT: The acura's have been leading most of the season and it was nice to see the SRT-4's running 3rd and 4th until one cut a tire =/ The problem in the Touring car series is that the Acura has over double the setup data that the SRT-4 has and that makes a huge difference. You look at all the Dodge cars and for the most part they finish higher in the standings each race than the previous race. I see them next year running for the championship with the AWD Audi and the FWD Acura TSX. Too bad the RWD BMW cannot keep their cars running or they might be up there too =)
#30 - noTe
Quote from Viper93 :Well with modded suspensions and everything tweaked, it's more up to the driver, but they can make and take corners well. I was thinking more along the lines of production cars. With mods you can pretty much make a car do anything if you have the cash to do it.

OT: The acura's have been leading most of the season and it was nice to see the SRT-4's running 3rd and 4th until one cut a tire =/ The problem in the Touring car series is that the Acura has over double the setup data that the SRT-4 has and that makes a huge difference. You look at all the Dodge cars and for the most part they finish higher in the standings each race than the previous race. I see them next year running for the championship with the AWD Audi and the FWD Acura TSX. Too bad the RWD BMW cannot keep their cars running or they might be up there too =)

I have Stage 3 KW Coilovers, Hotchkis sways, Rear Tri-Point Strut Tower bar, Rear Tension Strut kit, -1.5 negative camber. Car handles like a dream compared to stock.

Rode in Rick Synder's World Challenge car at the 06 SRT Nationals. He has moton all around... I couldn't believe how much faster he was than I was. It really showed me that you can have a FWD car handle.

And your right about the setups... I guess your on SRTForums also, haha.
LOL Yeah I am =) Name is vipercar93 though, viper93 was taken =P

I know what your saying man, and your definatly right about the car handling like a dream, but what I was saying is that with the cash you can get anycar pretty much to go just as fast, how they drive would be a little different, but laptimes would be the close to the same. That is until you went all out with the stuff that could be done, then you might see some differences maybe.

Rick is the man =) I wish I could have gone to the nationals, but money is running short after 3 plane trips to the UK and back, wedding, job change, and an SRT-4 things are just not happening the way I want it to =/ Robb was saying on SRTForums that the front runners in the Touring car league were qualifing up with the rear of the GT cars at Denver, and those cars have a good 400-500 HP more than the touring car class!

Have you done the SRT track experience yet? Man that is awesome, everything from the Viper to the Crossfire in SRT trim, soe of the cars were modded with suspension, intake, exhaust, I did mine on Road America, it was a blast! I just loved coming off the backstrech and taking that corner by the bridge (where you cannot see ANYTHING on the other side except the sky at almost 90MPH in a production SRT-8 Charger, sliding the rear end out coming around the corner, it was sooo much fun, then hitting over 150 down the backstrait with the Viper and 130 in the Charger/Magnum/Crossfire, I was in Heavin =)

Here is my 1/4 mile time for my stock ACR, vote for me pls =P (once a day wil do fine TY =) http://www.dragtimes.com/Dodge-Neon-SRT-4-Timeslip-9091.html
Quote from Viper93 :Have you done the SRT track experience yet? Man that is awesome, everything from the Viper to the Crossfire in SRT trim, soe of the cars were modded with suspension, intake, exhaust, I did mine on Road America, it was a blast! I just loved coming off the backstrech and taking that corner by the bridge (where you cannot see ANYTHING on the other side except the sky at almost 90MPH in a production SRT-8 Charger, sliding the rear end out coming around the corner, it was sooo much fun, then hitting over 150 down the backstrait with the Viper and 130 in the Charger/Magnum/Crossfire, I was in Heavin =)

yea, that is the most fun i've had in a looong time..lol. I did mine at Lime Rock Park in Connecticut. I wish i could do it every week..lol. If anyone ever has the chance to, definately do it..lol. It's something you'll never forget. We got to play around with the new AWD Cherokee SRT-8...all i have to say is OH MY GOD! lol, i was really debating leaving the track and driving straight to the dealership to trade my srt-4 for one. Those things are just insane. They are rediculously fast in a straight line(my best 0-60 was 4.45 secs) and can handle just as well as the srt-4 on the track.
Hehe yeah they were a blast to drive =) 425 HP coming down on 4 wheels better be fun =) I donno about handling as well as the SRT-4 but the suspension on it was definatly good and didn't have a ton of body roll. My favorite car was the Magnum, well besides the Viper, with the Magnum I was keeping up with the instructor, he was impressed and I had a ton of fun watching a professional driving kick the rear end out while I was 2-3 car lengths behind him going 70 plus. Coming out of the corner before the carasuel (turn 6) he almost went around and he had to let off to collect the car. By the end of the lap the other two drivers were a good 200 yards behind us. He wwas very impressed and his passengers were cleaning out their pants while I had the biggest grin on my face ever( next to when I married my wife that is =)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG