The online racing simulator
Cause of crash.
(13 posts, started )
Cause of crash.
I'm more of a lurker but have seen some of the recent forum politics threads so from the start I'll say I'm a "noob". This game was a bit of fun between friends, nothing serious at all and McTav is sound.

But... Take a look at the scenario in this video, between 0:30 and 0:45.

http://www.zen97015.zen.co.uk/windowsmoviemakerisSHIT.wmv

On my screen as I was playing it, I was "urged" over to the side, and I was just riding on the edge of the grass, so tried to drift it over slightly, not with force, and then it looked like I was sideswiped on to the grass.

McTav said I pushed him, and on checking the replay, it looks like a bit of both, but the replay looks to be a bit skittish and glitches a bit anyway.

I was hosting the server on an ADSL connection, so does the replay just save what the client sees, as in the netcode? Would the clash just be due to latency difference as I was a host?

And secondly, if this was a serious game, what move should I have done in such a situation? I initially tried to hold a line untill the grass texture cut in. Or is that the unanswerable question of passing?

Oh and on this subject, can anyone recommend any LFS server hosting companies? It only needs to be a small private one.
Quote from EeekiE :I'm more of a lurker but have seen some of the recent forum politics threads so from the start I'll say I'm a "noob". This game was a bit of fun between friends, nothing serious at all and McTav is sound.

But... Take a look at the scenario in this video, between 0:30 and 0:45.

http://www.zen97015.zen.co.uk/windowsmoviemakerisSHIT.wmv

On my screen as I was playing it, I was "urged" over to the side, and I was just riding on the edge of the grass, so tried to drift it over slightly, not with force, and then it looked like I was sideswiped on to the grass.

McTav said I pushed him, and on checking the replay, it looks like a bit of both, but the replay looks to be a bit skittish and glitches a bit anyway.

I was hosting the server on an ADSL connection, so does the replay just save what the client sees, as in the netcode? Would the clash just be due to latency difference as I was a host?

And secondly, if this was a serious game, what move should I have done in such a situation? I initially tried to hold a line untill the grass texture cut in. Or is that the unanswerable question of passing?

Oh and on this subject, can anyone recommend any LFS server hosting companies? It only needs to be a small private one.

Just look at the replay and my opinion it that it was both of yourself that cause you going on the grass he was defending is line and you went for a move on the inside where there was not to much room but if you waited you could of passed him on the left side and out braked him going into t1
from the replay it looks like it was McTav's fault as he should have really left enough room for you to fit going down the straight, alternatively though you could have liften slightly to avoid going onto the grass but really who would in that situation, you just want to keep your foot down. I say it was his fault!

LOL at the sounds effects when you flipped of the kurbs... hehe..

mad
#4 - _rod_
Quote from Madman_CZ :from the replay it looks like it was McTav's fault as he should have really left enough room for you to fit going down the straight, alternatively though you could have liften slightly to avoid going onto the grass but really who would in that situation, you just want to keep your foot down. I say it was his fault!

LOL at the sounds effects when you flipped of the kurbs... hehe..

mad

I agree with you, he sort of left you without any room, as said above you could lifted but its hard to do it

For servers hosting try the link on my sig, we use them for our team servers.
I didn't want to waste the extra speed I had and didn't think the left would open up in time before I would end up nudging him.
I didn't realise you were able to take such a defensive move from one end t'other to the point of forcing someone on grass just to keep a place?

I don't think any contact was meant though, I'm pretty sure that isn't how it looked with me as the host. So maybe when viewing replays of games you've hosted, your car is offset with lag to compensate when viewing? I don't know?
#6 - ajp71
He rammed you onto the grass no two ways about it.
He knocked you into the grass, no question.

He should have blocked you at the moment he saw you go to the right to try and pass him. (which he would have been allowed to do only once)

When he didn't do that he forfeit his right to go that much to the right in my opinion and should have left you enough room.

Also I consider this a straight and as such I do not believe there really is a racing line that he was defending. He just moved to a space on track he lost all rights to.

I do not think you are to blame at all.
Cool. I just wondered where I stood if this were to happen in a competitive game. Like I said, this one was just a muck about from members of a car forum, for some of which it was their first go. I think I exacted revenge during "car tig" anyway
If this was an STCC race McTav would have been penalised with a 1 lap penalty. It did not look like there was any lag on the replay.
Can't really whose fault it was from that vid. There is some weird lag, but it what would help even more is a top-down view of how close to the grass mctav got.
its 50-50 i would say, lag made the collision worse...but it looked like he had left enough room for your car.

I had something similar once but i was past the car already, and he just didn't move and touched my rear wheel. Also once i was in the fox heading to that turn, just before braking a car moved across the whole track and punted me on the grass...140mph on grass towards a pack of cars...i missed! but hit the wall at 90mph...race over
his fault.

love the ending
Some people think that's "racing like a MAN". "I am a strong racer." "I drinve in the spirit of battle." "You are weak!"

bah....

Great ending!

Cause of crash.
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG