The online racing simulator
What to buy?
(35 posts, started )
So i would need to upgrade my PSU to one that is above 30A to use that graphics card?
Buying a new PSU means a little longer wait before upgrading but it should be worth it.
Just looked at overclockers if that PSU that was suggested above and i mentioned is ok then going to cost me about ~£280, oh well

Thanks for helping this computer noob
Quote from Greboth :So i would need to upgrade my PSU to one that is above 30A to use that graphics card?
Buying a new PSU means a little longer wait before upgrading but it should be worth it.
Just looked at overclockers if that PSU that was suggested above and i mentioned is ok then going to cost me about ~£280, oh well

Thanks for helping this computer noob

What about this one?
http://www.enermax.com/english/product_Display1.asp?PrID=4
Should cost around 65GBP

Maybe this could be cheaper way to go as you wouldnt have to upgrade your PSU but I have never saw it running live so I cant really say anything wrong or bad about this solution.
http://www.thermaltake.com/pro ... PurePower/w0130/w0130.asp
Should be around 30-35GBP.

I know you didnt expect that there will be more needed/pay.You need to replace more then you thought.It worked always like that:-(
I think i will just wait and get a new PSU Means waiting longer but not that much longer so it ok

As i said, thanks for all the help its been very useful
Good luck and let us know later how much you are satisfied or not.
I dont know exactly when i will get the parts but ill let you know

Thanks again for all the help
I'd put the money on 7600GT, but if LFS is the only game in your house, buy the corsair (I assume you already have one similar piece in your machine).
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Seems 30A is more correct info:
http://sg.vr-zone.com/?i=3646

I have written oriiginally in my post 30A but I thought its really too much so I have changed ot towards 25A but it seems the X1900 series from ATI are really hungry.

I have a Chieftec HPC-420-302-DF powering my ATI x1900 GT (and a prescott, also quite power hungry), the specs state it has 15A at +12V1 and 18A at +12V2, now that seems to be a bit narrow I guess, however my system is absolutely stable, no freezes whatsoever. Or should the V1 and V2 Ampers be added together, which would make 32A and would be enough?

what do you guys think?
@csurdongulos

Hehe.....it really doesnt work that way that you can count together two 12V rails.
The independent +12V rails are now used as the CPU nowdays use quite a lot of power as well the graphic cards so its better to run them on seperate rails.It should make the system more stable.

I didnt recomend him some overprized PSU or the one which is more then he would really need.Sometimes you can use the PSU later as well as I did with my last one sometimes unfortunatelly not like in his case.Its better to think in advance in some situations.

Anyway your PSU seems tobe quite good.He could difenately use that one as well.It just depend how much is it cheaper then the one I recomended.
I see, but you know, based on the specifications of the PSU and the requirements of the VGA my PSU wouldn't be sufficient for this card, but it definitely is. This is what's bugging me...

What to buy?
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG