The online racing simulator
CAR_info.bin Files
(17 posts, started )
CAR_info.bin Files
Works for me. Make sure you are in the garage where you can change your car setup and skins etc then pressing o will give you the message "Car info output to RAF folder" which is located in data\raf\
That is odd. I will try again but it did not work many times before.
Still not working
#5 - Krane
Quote from skstibi :I was wondering how to get these files.
The whole "press letter O in the garage to export" does not work.
Please help.
Why give this: http://www.liveforspeed.net/?page=CAR_INFO_BIN If you cannot get the files?

What LFS version do you have? As it says on the page you linked to, you need 0.5U15 at least.
I have the version that I JUST downloaded from the main site. If I need a patch, please give me a link.
Thanks
ok, thanks.
ok, I how can I edit these files? (I already have a reader)
Edit them? Why would you want to edit them? I mean, really, what purpose would that achieve?
What are these files for anyway?
The files are for the cars physics. Power, tire profile, gearing. I was hoping to give the RB4 a little extra torque.

P.S: How many people here are from New Zealand anyway? I see lots of the NZ flags next to names here.
Quote from skstibi :The files are for the cars physics. Power, tire profile, gearing. I was hoping to give the RB4 a little extra torque.

no they arent. You cannot edit the physics for the cars. Editing these files will not change any data inside LFS.

Quote from skstibi :P.S: How many people here are from New Zealand anyway? I see lots of the NZ flags next to names here.

There are 524 licensed New Zealanders however i would say only 10% actually play online.
oh, than why do they show the file format or let you export it?

Good to know that I am one of the 10%
So you can have your setup data without knowing the actual used format (data\*.set). Also, if you could edit it, there is no import key that I know of
The data in the .bin files is far more detailed than we have ever had before, allowing for more accurate car analysis.

CAR_info.bin Files
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG