The online racing simulator
Monitor casting weird shadows.
(25 posts, started )
This isnt the first time this has happened. Its hard to explain but, to the right of anything displayed on my desctop, text, icons, borders, mouse icon etc etc it has a purple yellow purple yellow purple yellow shadow that fades out.

I havent got a digi cam handy so unfortunatly only my webcam can help.

Shadows:

If you cant see what i mean, i highlighted the purpley bits below, then look back at the pic above and you should be able to see them.

Highlighted shadows:

Like i said, its happened before and usualy, i turn the comp and monitor off, go sleep and its fine in the morning but i got stuff to do tonight that cant wait till tommorow.

Any help / advice greatly aprishiated.

Dave.
Do you have any other cables laid across your cable from graphic card to the monitor? If yes, then some signals from other cable can affect the signal running in that cable.Try to tidy the cables.

Is that CRT or LCD monitor?Connect via D-SUB or DVI?
If it is a CRT it possibly is magnetic interference. Do you have Speakers near the Monitor?
It's a TFT monitor going through the normal jack on the graphics card (cant remember its name) But i do have a DVI cable pluged in going to my TV which i use as a secondary monitor for duel-screen, but my TV is off and the duel-screen also turned off in display options at the moment.

EDIT: Yes, i have my center speaker slightly behind it. Like half the speaker is behind, the rest isnt.
#5 - Jakg
is cleartype on or off?
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :It's a TFT monitor going through the normal jack on the graphics card (cant remember its name) But i do have a DVI cable pluged in going to my TV which i use as a secondary monitor for duel-screen, but my TV is off and the duel-screen also turned off in display options at the moment.

EDIT: Yes, i have my center speaker slightly behind it. Like half the speaker is behind, the rest isnt.

I guess this is not the issue but as PC hardware problems are really werid sometimes did you test just to unplug the second cable running to your TV?

How looks the end of the cable running from your LCD screen to your graphic card?

Like this:http://www.extron.com/technology/img/dvi.gif

or this:http://bloodys.com/blog/images/prestigio-dsub.jpg
DEVIL: Its the second one. My card does have the 1st one but i don't use it, not untill i get a proper secondary monitor.

I've moved the speaker, still the same. Just going to try taking the wire out.
is there a degauss button somewhere?

if so, i would deffinetly try that and see if that fixes it
Woooo, it's gone. Unpluged the cable and voila. Thanks for all the help guys.

XCNuse: Nope, its got one of them menus but i didnt see a degauss selection anywhere.

Kind of weird tho, its been find for days with the TV on or off, then after a re-start, it magicly appears.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :DEVIL: Its the second one. My card does have the 1st one but i don't use it, not untill i get a proper secondary monitor.

Just going to try taking the wire out.

Watch this space.

You should use DVI cable insetad the one you use now.IT will get you a bit sharper image as everything goes as a digital signal to your monitor.

I guess its the cable us use now.Its called D-SUB cable.Use always DVI cable for TFT.There are 2 versions of DVI cable as in the picture above.

EDITED: cool.I am glad it worked.As I said sometimes the PC problems are really weird.Still my recomendation continue.Get a DVI cable and connect your card with TFT with that cable.Unless its some shitty TFT you will get definately crisper image on that screen by using DVI cable.
woops.. shoulda googled first, apparently TFT monitors "dont need" a degauss button, and therefore dont have it, and ALSO someone else i see in a public forum had the same problem, and.. turning it on and off doesn't seem to fix it either

..that sucks
Quote from XCNuse :is there a degauss button somewhere?

if so, i would deffinetly try that and see if that fixes it

How can TFT have a degauss button!!
It works completly dofferent oposite to the CRT monitor.
Quote from XCNuse :woops.. shoulda googled first, apparently TFT monitors "dont need" a degauss button, and therefore dont have it, and ALSO someone else i see in a public forum had the same problem, and.. turning it on and off doesn't seem to fix it either

..that sucks

if he use D-SUB cable then there might be interference between that cable and other cables.DVI is the best cable using TFT(LCD) screen.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :EDITED: cool.I am glad it worked.As I said sometimes the PC problems are really weird.Still my recomendation continue.Get a DVI cable and connect your card with TFT with that cable.Unless its some shitty TFT you will get definately crisper image on that screen by using DVI cable.

How would i doo that? I dont have a DVI socket on the monitor if thats something i need.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articl ... display/response-7_6.html

^Thats my monitor, look at the 3rd pic down, the wire is perminatly connected to the monitor and no other sockets, other than the power, are there. Unless i use a converter on the end of this wire.?

Also, i dno if its a good monitor or not. Got it for my b'day in Jan and its done everything i need it to do, games run fine etc.
Quote from http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/oth...ponse-7_6.html :In fact, the e-Yama 17JN1-S joined the ranks of clone-like inexpensive monitors, mostly intended for office use. There’s not much sense in taking such a device home, as a rule. It is not enough good for watching photographs, not enough fast for playing games, not enough contrastive for movies… At the same time, as an inexpensive office monitor for text-processing, the e-Yama 17JN1-S can find its niche in the market, although it has no memorable features that would single it out of the crowd of other monitors of this category.

WTF they on! I watch films fine, play games fine....
Urm. Ok, its back!!

The DVI is still out. All i did was open a new window and bam, back.

WTF?

My suggestions are:
1) check that you are using correct resolution
2) how are your colors? 32bit or 16 bit?
3) the cable is good? It holds and isn't twiched or abused? Can you check some other cable (not changing to different type of cable, just other cable)
4) drivers, for the lcd
5) don't listen to me

(it may also be some windows option, but I don't think you can always blame windows...)
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Urm. Ok, its back!!

The DVI is still out. All i did was open a new window and bam, back.

WTF?

Did you tidy the cables around? shame you cant use DVI cable to connect it to the monitor becaue I bet it woiuld be gone then.

As I said there is probably interfernce between the cable to the monitor and other cables.
Quote from Hyperactive :My suggestions are:
1) check that you are using correct resolution
2) how are your colors? 32bit or 16 bit?
3) the cable is good? It holds and isn't twiched or abused? Can you check some other cable (not changing to different type of cable, just other cable)
4) drivers, for the lcd
5) don't listen to me

(it may also be some windows option, but I don't think you can always blame windows...)

1) Yup, recomended is 1280x1024 and its set at that.
2) 32bit, i did also try 16bit but nothing changed.
3) The cable is rather stiff at both end (plug end and monitor end) and is pluged in correctly and tightly.
4) I didnt get no drivers. I didn't think i needed any. Windows found it and stuff. What drivers? Like individual drivers for this monitor? or a global sort of driver that works for all monitors.
5) LMAO

DEVIL: The cable is fine. Nothing is loose or broken and the only cable attached is the one i need.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :3) The cable is rather stiff at both end (plug end and monitor end) and is pluged in correctly and tightly.

But it still might be that the vable has something to do with it. Can you check on another cable, if you have one

Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :Woooo, it's gone. Unpluged the cable and voila. Thanks for all the help guys.

Cable, defenately sir!
The cable is attached to my monitor, it cant be removed. So unfortunatly i cant try another.
Well, can you organize the cable differently between the computer and the screen? () What I mean is that if there is something wrong with the cable or the cable socket, you could be able to solve it by putting it into different position

(hope you understood what I meant, kinda hard to explain, such simple stuff, oh my)
Maybe this has something to do with the refresh rate your TFT is running at. Normally they are running at 60hz, as should your TV, too (as I think it is a pretty modern LCD TV, because of the DVI plug you mentioned)

But maybe, just maybe, your graphic card just sets itself to an other value, as soon as you plug in the TV (or at an other random occasion).
I'm saying this because most TFTs can handle for example 75hz, but sometimes they will just start to act strange, because they are designed to run at 60hz.

But that's just a guess from my side. Could be wrong about this
Both the TV and comp monitor are @ 60hz. I never use 70 or 75, don't know why, but 60 has always worked so i've never deviated from it.

When both are pluged in, their both still 60hz. Nothing changes.

It seems to have gone again now, don't ask me why but i loaded up Garrys Mod and is vanished :S and hasn't been back since.
Quote from RoCkBiGdAvE :
DEVIL: The cable is fine. Nothing is loose or broken and the only cable attached is the one i need.

Hi again,
you have problably understood me a bit wrong.I meant if another cable(s) are not running over your cable to the monitor.
IF they do then there is chance that signal from these cable affect the signal going to to monitor.Tidy the other cables.

I think that problably the orginal cable attached to your monitor is poor quality or broken inside which you cant see and its even not shielded against other signals.I hope its really not so you can still fix your problem.

Sad you cant change the cable because every not a cheap monitor I saw have chance to use VGA or DVI cable(whats iy your preference) and possibility to exchange them if they broke or are poor quality.

(25 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG