The online racing simulator
A/T Tramission power button
Hi! A nother realistic topic Suggestion to next patch...The A/T tramisson have a little button at full gas,if we push that (full gas with leg) the tramisson shift down (pl. 3 rpm 2000 -> 2 rpm 4500) ...i think to a realistic A/T tramission!

THX DEVS!
Quote from KENWOOD :Hi! A nother realistic topic Suggestion to next patch...The A/T tramisson have a little button at full gas,if we push that (full gas with leg) the tramisson shift down (pl. 3 rpm 2000 -> 2 rpm 4500) ...i think to a realistic A/T tramission!

THX DEVS!

Most real automatic transmissions downshift on their own, but I agree we need a real automatic transmission that upshifts when you back off the gas and has a torque converter as well.

In real life if you can't drive stick, that is what you get. And on cars like the LX4 and LX6, those probably don't have automatic transmissions in real life, so no ability to have an automatic on that one. Can't drive stick, tough shit.

Not only do I think this should be in place of the "automatic gears" assist, but I think they should wipe out the silly throttle assist. If you can't modulate the throttle, then drive a car like the FZ50 or whatever with traction control.

Same with brakes, get rid of the "brake help" assist and offer realistic ABS on some cars, like maybe the GT turbo, the RB4, and the FZ50. Everything else, tough luck. Just like in real life.
I didn't think throttle help existed any more anyway? I only see brake help in my options.
#4 - Woz
The AT tranny in LFS is really a manual where the comp does the gears for you it is not an auto gearbox. Hence no kickdown or OD on/off button.

Real auto transmissions in road cars are utter crap and not good for racing/driving fast with any real control. You have no engine braking, no way to balance the car and no way to know when the stupid thing will change gear on you in a corner and they suck away power as well.

(And before anyone says but but but)

Race cars that have any form of automation in their gearboxes are VERY different than the road going auto boxes you are used to and normally have gears.

LFS should never simulate auto gearboxes but the gear help is OK as it lets people ease their way into LFS
#5 - wark
Who the heck would take a slushbox to the track?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG