The online racing simulator
lfs lapper ? loading the program
(9 posts, started )
i have giot most of it i think but i am stuck on what to do after i have created the shortcut on the desktop what do i put ion the destination path i currently have this

Target:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe"

i have read this:
Starting LFSLapper using windows shortcut:
1.Drag lfslapper.exe on desktop using right mouse button.
2.Create shortcut.
3.Open its properties and add path to script file in target field.
4.Double-click on shortcut to run application.

the location for the cfg file is this:
C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\cfg

now what?
#2 - filur
Quote from daveb948576 :C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\cfg

You probably need to include the \filename.cfg too.
how and where and what?
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe\LFSLapper.cfg

ok that didnt work any ideas?
-
(MonkOnHotTinRoof) DELETED by MonkOnHotTinRoof
Quote from MonkOnHotTinRoof :try this:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe" "..\cfg\LFSLapper.cfg"

This should work presuming in Start In: field you have:
"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin"

If you still have problems, just drag lfslapper.cfg from cfg directory and drop it onto lfslapper.exe in bin directory...

btw: there is more suitable thread for such questions...

that didnt work

i open the cfg file in the bin that i copied and when i save the password it exits and when i load again its backk to how it was before.

if i do it in the cfg file thats in the cfg file its ok but the program wont load at all drag and drop copy and paste i treid it all.
i have been moved. i did wonder how long it would take before someone moved me to the right place

when i put the cfg file from the cfg folder to the lfslapper in the bin folder it flashes up and then goes again.

everytime i look in the cfg file in the cfg folder the password goes back to how it was originally when i change it and save it it wont actually save whats that all about? i did read something about saving as unicode but im unsure about it, any ideas?
i am going to delete it all and start again. wheres the step by step gone again oh here it is lol
put the whole LFS Lapper folder in the LFS Directory.

Put the LFS Lapper Config files in the LFSLapper\bin folder

Once edited and ready to go start the LFS Server.

IN the server with admin rights type: /insim 29999 (or whatever the port you use for lapper)

Now to start the lapper go to your shortcut and edit the properties as stated above and try:

"C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe" LFSLapper.cfg

If not you can also try it the old fasioned way:

Start -->> Run -->> and type: C:\Documents and Settings\Dave and Jo\Desktop\lfss2s2\lapper\bin\LFSLapper.exe LFSLapper.cfg

That should do it.. BUT NOTE i do not think it will work if spaces are used. so you may need to rename files with no spaces.

Hope that works for you.
yay i got it to load now im going to find out if it works or not thanks for your help

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG