The online racing simulator
fraps help
(9 posts, started )
fraps help
hello there,

when you use fraps, it lowers my fps from 100+ to 9 fps or lower even when iv got it on 60 fps on fraps, i dont know what to do, can some one please help? Smile
#2 - Lible
Don't use max graphics when recording.
Some peoples PC's have trouble with fraps recording + 32bit LFS. I can turn all my graphics settings as low as possible and use stupidly low res and still get 9FPS.

Change to a 16bit video mode if the graphics turny downy doesn't work
ok thanks
Quote from Ryanry64 :Some peoples PC's have trouble with fraps recording + 32bit LFS. I can turn all my graphics settings as low as possible and use stupidly low res and still get 9FPS.

Change to a 16bit video mode if the graphics turny downy doesn't work

Hi,
I have identical problem and I have already reported it to FRAPS team.

I am getting same 9 FPS Uh-hu when recording in 32bit mode.When I set LFS ingame to 16bit mode I can record smoothly at half size of 1280*960 up to amazing 50fps also with a lots of cars on the track.I can record with a lots of cars even at 1024*768@30FPS without lost frame however when putting it back to 32bit mode I get the same 9FPS.This is really strange we get all the same result.

I guess this is not a but of LFS but rather FRAPSUhmm.Hope I will get some feedback from them.If not,we will have to look at this more seriously and more people should have report it to FRAPS team then.

When you look at my PC spec its not my machine holding back the recording at 32bit.
AMD A643200+
5x512MB RAM
GF7900GT
120GB HD 8MB cache 7200rpm.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :When I set LFS ingame to 16bit mode I can record smoothly at half size of 1280*960 up to amazing 50fps also with a lots of cars on the track.I can record with a lots of cars even at 1024*768@30FPS without lost frame however when putting it back to 32bit mode I get the same 9FPS.This is really strange we get all the same result.

Capturing at that huge resolution isn't very wise, especially at half-size capture on. Your CPU will have insane amount of work to do. First it has to capture every frame at 1280x960 size and then resize it in the flight. Of course this isn't the problem of your 32bit slowness, but it does help tons.

Just set your fraps capture to 15fps at full size capture and no sound capture, go to LFS and set it to something around 720x576 (or 640x480) and set the LFS framerate limiter on to 18fps. Start your replay, turn off sounds (shift + n) set your replay speed to 0.500 and capture away. After that change the captured clips to 30fps so they are equal to 1.000 speed.
Quote from Matrixi :Capturing at that huge resolution isn't very wise, especially at half-size capture on. Your CPU will have insane amount of work to do. First it has to capture every frame at 1280x960 size and then resize it in the flight. Of course this isn't the problem of your 32bit slowness, but it does help tons.

Just set your fraps capture to 15fps at full size capture and no sound capture, go to LFS and set it to something around 720x576 (or 640x480) and set the LFS framerate limiter on to 18fps. Start your replay, turn off sounds (shift + n) set your replay speed to 0.500 and capture away. After that change the captured clips to 30fps so they are equal to 1.000 speed.

Hi,
1st thanks for the suggestions but I am quite aware how this work.
Its the actual issue(recording in 32bit mode) which is dunno on which sites but probably FRAPS related.

Some people can record smoothly at 32bit mode some not even the PC spec. of the one who record in 32bit mode are worst of the one who can only record in 16bit mode.

It doesnt explain I can record in 16bit mode at half size of 1280*960 at 50FPS with like 10 cars on screen and struggle to round 10 FPS with same setting in 32bit mode.

Somthing is wrong here definately.Uhmm
Yeah I know it isn't the problem, but that's how you should capture video in LFS. Smile

All I can suggest is try to use an older/newer version of Fraps than you are currently using to see if it makes any difference.

fraps help
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG