The online racing simulator
Visual Improvement
(12 posts, started )
Visual Improvement
I dont know if anyone has previously said theis but, it would be nice when in races and people are breaking hard that you see the break disks glowing red from the consistant breaking. I think it would be great if that happened but it isnt something that needs to happen, so what do you think ?
I don't see point visualising it if they don't heat up.
As soon as the brake disk heat is modelled, I think we'd most likely see some sort of visual representation Although you never know...
If brakes heated up that much from constant braking, then how come you don't see that in real life? It is not the constant braking that matters. It is the speed and the constant braking that makes it do that. AND, only on high-friction (race) brakes.
street brakes glow too - if used on the track under those conditions :P Of course... they don't last very long..
in the same way the tires have deformation now, brakes will have this(i think) in future...
texture mod updates made by fans make the game alot better.... especially the road texture that only exists for the AS and Blackwood track with extreme high-rez! the game looks really good with that road.
#8 - ajp71
Quote from wheel4hummer :If brakes heated up that much from constant braking, then how come you don't see that in real life? It is not the constant braking that matters. It is the speed and the constant braking that makes it do that. AND, only on high-friction (race) brakes.

Well the brakes glow because there hot, therefore if you put a constant heavy braking force on them they are more likely to glow than if you put a constant light braking force on them at a higher speed, absolutley f*** all to do with speed
Well, the brakes convert kinetic energy to heat energy, and as kinetic energy is a square law you'll get more heat braking 100-90mph than 20-10mph. So it does have something to do with speed. That is why brakes often fail after repeated high speed stops, as the amount of energy increases with the square of speed.
Ive seen street brakes glow and sparks too this would be a good feature
I fully agree that this is a great idea, but until LFS simulates brake temps, it's just pointless eye candy. Anyway, if there was a poll on this, I would have agreed.

Visual Improvement
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG