The online racing simulator
SPOILER - XXXX wins at Hungary
(90 posts, started )
What a race... Jenson Button won his first race after 113 races. Championship leaders Alonso and Schumacher both retired in the closing stages of the race. On the podium with Button was Pedro De La Rosa and Nick Heidfield. I am absolutely pleased Button has won at long last
That was the best and most entertaining race of the last 5 years!!

Too bad, Schumacher retired. I wanted to see, if they would have given him a penalty for cutting the chicane and not letting De La Rosa pass immediately.
ever heard of spoilers?
#4 - herki
That's quite evil, perhaps some people would have wanted to see the race before knowing this ... But nice performance from all of them, and now have have even championship-points from a polish guy (sorry, forgot how he is called, I am bad with names) - Gratulations Poland

Oh, I know why Button won - they must have removed/improved the little windshield
#5 - ajp71
Please change the thread title as a lot of people don't want to know the result. Now you've spoilt it for me I'll add I'm not looking forward to hearing the ITV commentry team now their man has actually managed to get on the top step
Brilliant race.. even managed to record it

And i think your right.. i didnt see that windshield :P
Quote from ajp71 :I'll add I'm not looking forward to hearing the ITV commentry team now their man has actually managed to get on the top step

i seriously want to stab james allen after this race.
Now you've better watch out for some polish guys driving the BF1

Btw: His name is Robert Kubica
Shame about Schumacher, I would've loved to see the fight for the championship back in full force. A completely 'fresh' podium is also nice though!
First race of the season that neither a Ferrari or a Renault won, Only Jenson could do it.
Next time, think before posting who won in the thread title. :chairs:
Well deserved win for JB, he's been wanting it for so long that he really does deserve it. Well done JB!!!
As james Allen so eloquently put it . . .

GET IN MY SON!!!!!

Or something.

Saw the last 20 laps of the race so looking forward to getting home and seeing the start. But good on Button.

I think the reason why Shue pitted was to avoid some certain difficult questions over the state of his tyres. Which where technically slicks although I'm sure that becuase he had such a performance deficit it wouldn't have been a majot issue. But his treatment of Del a Rosa and heidfeld was just wrong. 4 seconds off the pace and even if you are racing for points you don't lord it around like that.

In a way I can understand him wanting to keep pushing. I would do the same thing. It is racing after all, but when you know that every other racing driver on the circuit would have let whomever past on that occasion it just sucks of Shumacher arrogance.

I hope he gets some places docked from next race.

But, way to go Button. Long may it continue. This should keep honda in F1 for another year at least.

-edit. And why are people getting their knickers in a twist over the thread. The race is run. Whats happened has happened. I for one wouldn't come on this site if I hadn't watch ed the race or was waiting for the result. You know it's gunna be on here. This is a racing thread at the end of the day. Poeple are going to talk about racing. Bit shortsighted me thinks. But saying that the title could have been slightly more sympathetic.
Quote from zeugnimod :That was the best and most entertaining race of the last 5 years!!

I totally agree, was awesome to watch.

I vote for a half wet race every race
Quote from ajp71 :Please change the thread title as a lot of people don't want to know the result. Now you've spoilt it for me I'll add I'm not looking forward to hearing the ITV commentry team now their man has actually managed to get on the top step

Good thinking AJP. Just turn the sound down for the last few laps, OK? JA gets pretty insufferable.

Congrats to de la Rosa, also. He's a good clean driver who deserves some success.
#16 - MR_B
Just....wow.... Murrary Walker is probably bouncing off the walls right about now

James Allen makes my ears bleed, I wish he'd just get his backside back into the pitlane, and stay there.

Edit: Well done to the Super Sub de la Rosa!
Quote from Funnybear :I think the reason why Shue pitted was to avoid some certain difficult questions over the state of his tyres. Which where technically slicks although I'm sure that becuase he had such a performance deficit it wouldn't have been a majot issue. But his treatment of Del a Rosa and heidfeld was just wrong. 4 seconds off the pace and even if you are racing for points you don't lord it around like that.

Didnt you see he could barely turn the car around the corners? The tyres were legal.

Quote from Funnybear :
-edit. And why are people getting their knickers in a twist over the thread. The race is run. Whats happened has happened. I for one wouldn't come on this site if I hadn't watch ed the race or was waiting for the result. You know it's gunna be on here. This is a racing thread at the end of the day. Poeple are going to talk about racing. Bit shortsighted me thinks. But saying that the title could have been slightly more sympathetic.

If anyone hadnt seen the race yet was looking at the main LFS forum page they would see the title if the last post was in this thread.
#18 - wE1l
This commentator of yours must totally suck, any samples available?

Dramatic race with lots of action. More rain!
That was one heck of a race.
Was a nice race.. finally some excitement in the F1:s. A bit pissed off for Kimi tho. I so wanted him to win or atleast get to the podium. Oh well.
Was a brilliant race to watch, was sad to see Alonso go out because him and Button fighting for 1st in the closing laps would have been nice.

Liked the tyres issues also, and Alonsa blasting round the outside of MSC, was good to see them actuually come toghther on track rather than the pits. MSC was a bit unfair with Pedro and Nick but they got past in the end and MSC dropped out so I doubt there will be any more penaltys, i'm probarly wrong though.

Hopefully we see some more rain in some more races as it adds more ??? to the race as no one would have guessed that JB would win today.

As or this being a spoiler, why should those of us who watched the race wait untill it is over before we start talking about it, IMO if someone hasn't watched it they shouldn't use any electrical appliance available to them. I come up from the race into my room, turn on the radio and 30 seconds later (on radio 1) they tell us that Jeson has won the Hungaorian GP, I don't see anybody complaining to them that there spoiling it for anyone.
The first GP for a long long time that was PROPERLY exciting to watch... More of this, please!

The battle between Schuhmacher and de la Rosa was the best bit, I think... (Our commentator compared it to the battle of Gilles Villeneuve and the Renault at Dijon... :doh: )
@silentwar.

Your right mate. Reading what I said about Shuey's tyres. It was something that Matey boy test driver commentator honda boy said about the tyres. He mentinoed that they where slicks for all intents and purposes. But the fact that he had no performance gain (in fact he looked to be goining in reverse mostly) negates any serious issues with the tyres.

But then I just don't like ferrari and Shuey. So any chance I got of bashing either or both of 'em I will take it and run with it.

Better than sex. Love it. He'll be in trouble when he gets home. just imagine Mr's Button 'Better than sex eh? Well you'll never have a chance to prove that theory now will you . . . Honey!'
Great race

The pass of Alonso outside MSC was great.
And what a shame for MSC that he brings no points home.
Now we have to wait 3 weeks until de next clash.

(90 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG