The online racing simulator
[Admin] tag next to name?
(16 posts, started )
Did a search and couldn't find anything....

Think it would be very useful for an [Admin] tag to be added to users who connect to a server using the admin password... Would be useful as many teams have drivers who are not admins, but still get moaned at by some drivers........
+1, also, it helps other people who arent in the team, so we know when to control our gobs. lol
good idea !!
I've always wondered how to find this information out (aside from insim), but as an admin, sometimes I preffer the stealth option.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've always wondered how to find this information out (aside from insim), but as an admin, sometimes I preffer the stealth option.

find what infomation out?
It should be an option if it's implemented. When servers are busy I don't want to join the vMax server and find people constantly asking me to kick or ban so and so.
Quote :find what infomation out?

Who is an admin.
Quote from Becky Rose :I've always wondered how to find this information out

If the server allows voting, then go ahead and start a vote (ban or disconnect) on everyone.

The admins can't get voted to be disconnected, so the button on them won't start a vote.

So what if you irritate some people.

:dnfnoob:
#9 - Jakg
im sure it says it if you run a non-dedi host (ie useful for school as i know who has the admin password!)
#10 - aoun
i think something like:

VeilSide|R (admin): hey

is good, but not on the connections

so a + and - .
#11 - joen
Quote from Mario Toyota Racing :NO this sux. This is not counter strike:thumbsdow

? Please elaborate
A slightly more discreet idea would be a different coloured name in the connections list perhaps.
So long as it's optional. If an Admin want's to be an admin on that day or not it's up to them but it is nice to know if an admin is active on the server or not. Would be something that I would look for when cruising for a good racing server then I know if it's being policed or not.

So it's a big + for me.

Let the Admins where their colours on their sleeves . . . or something.
Personally, I don't think it's needed. If Admins want to identify themselves as such, they can simply add the tag to their nick.

It would be a bit intimidating for some to join our servers if Admin tags were used considering every member of our team has full Admin access and powers on all of our servers. The way I see it, if I can't trust a member to use resonable judgement with Admin powers, they don't need to be on my team.

Food for thought: Just because you don't see an Admin on the server, doesn't mean they can't see you. Spectator and extra nicks do come in handy.

~*~*~*~tinyk~*~*~*~
Mostly, the admins are the guys with the same team tag as in the server name
You can easily ask if there are any admins around as well

Nice idea, but there are more important things if you ask me.

Quote from tinyk :Spectator and extra nicks do come in handy.

LoL now I DO feel observed :P
However, almost all people have only one license
the "stealth option", as said by becky is my favirote, as if there is a admin, you wouldnt be mean even if your a right rude boi, so stealth it and when they start getting gippy its time to "/ ban S14 DRIFT"

(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG