The online racing simulator
Umm, fox keeps spinning?
(8 posts, started )
#1 - Noni
Umm, fox keeps spinning?
Am I right to not accelerate out of corners? But keep the gas at 1/2 and then power when the turn is nearly over?
Yes, you cannot go pedal-to-the-metal with the FOX. Even though it's nowhere near as sensible to harsh controller inputs, you still have to control your throttle somewhat, gradually increasing the amount of throttle the straighter the driving line gets.

Did you think every car handles like the GTi?
#3 - joen
you should be able to accelerate out of corner but the point at which to accelerate depends on the corner really, and in which gear you accelerate. And through some corners you will have to leave the throttle lower than 1/2.
posting a replay of your driving would give you the best advice.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
I've never had a problem flooring the throttle comming out of corners in the FOX, and thats all corners btw. I spin sometimes due to the grass or another racer but when their not catalists, its fine
#5 - bbman
Quote from Noni :Am I right to not accelerate out of corners? But keep the gas at 1/2 and then power when the turn is nearly over?

Loosen ARB a bit, it should improve the handling... Personally, I never really had a problem with the FOX...
#6 - ajp71
You've either got a very stiff set or need to get used to LFS, remember this is a simulation. The FOX is a good car to start with, it's easy to drive and takes loads of abuse, firstly select the race_S set so you can rule sets out as a potential issue then go and have another go. After that post back here.

Out of interest what controller are you using? and what sims have you raced before?
#7 - Smax
Raising the coast value and decreasing the power value in the LSD settings will make any car less likely to spin under sudden hard acceleration.

Doing this will increase your lap times, since the effect is similar to slipping the clutch a little, effectively you're reducing power to the drive wheels. Increasing rear downforce and toe in will also make the car more stable, but ultimately unless you're trying to drive with a keyboard, smoothness is the key to driving any of the cars in LFS. None of them take kindly to being booted in the arse.
#8 - ebola
I found to begin with I was scared, but then I drove the LX6 and went back to the FOX, as thisnameistaken says feels like childs play after

Umm, fox keeps spinning?
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG