The online racing simulator
new cars, please
(27 posts, started )
new cars, please
Hello. My cousin has s2 license and i play LFS on his computer. And when i race with RB4, i think that it doesn t have power to drift or to accelerate. So, could u make some new cars like Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or Audi S2? Car which has 300 HP and 400 NM?
The LFS Programmer Forum is not some request forum, so I'm moving this to the Improvement Suggestions forum.
thanks
Buy a license,then you get more car.

Next suggestion.

Quote :My cousin has s2 license and i play LFS on his computer

Wheres youre suit?

EDIT: What is the nickname of your cousin.
Quote from AUDI S2 :Hello. My cousin has s2 license and i play LFS on his computer. And when i race with RB4, i think that it doesn t have power to drift or to accelerate. So, could u make some new cars like Subaru Impreza, Mitsubishi Lancer Evo or Audi S2? Car which has 300 HP and 400 NM?

My RB4 has enough power to accelerate, thats how it moves
s2 all ready have a new car come on let the devs do some work on other stuff what is more inportent.
I'm glad that someone here besides me in the LFS world actually NOTICED that LFS currently lacks good representations of modern 4WD cars/rallycars. The RB4 is certainly too underdone at this time. With more than a second per lap gap between the FXO, it is definitely too piggy to show the tractive and torque handling abilities of 4WD. It's current powerband is too weak at the top and WAY too weak at midrange to showcase on of 4WD's chief strengths: strong corner exit. Please refer to the "Severe 4WD defeciency in LFS" thread for some interesting and detailed discussions.

Anyway, besides 4WD, another major group that's absolutely absent ATM is the Mid-Engined(MR) GT race car. This is at odds with current racecar desogn, where th grid is filled with MR cars (Ferrari 360/430, Lamborghini Diablo, AUDI R10,...).

Conclusion: I agree that LFS needs more REALLY good cars. I've personally nothing against FWD, but FWD is already overdone at this point and the other drivetrain layouts need to be much better done. Well, at least there's BF1 for MR speed thrills.
#8 - ajp71
Audi S2 can you get your cousin to post in this thread to prove your RB4 access is legit please?
#9 - Vain
Oh come on, please stay on topic. Lead the "I bet you're a cracker"-discussion somewhere else where it doesn't interupt a perfectly fine improvement suggestion.

I also think that there could be a new AWD car in LFS. The LRF class should still be open to such a car. I'd suggest a car between the FZ5 and the RAC. Similar in performance to the RAC, with slightly higher topspeed than the RAC but inferior acceleration (but better handling due to the RWD drivetrain).
1000kg, 300 hp is the area where I'm aiming.

Vain
Well, he's just posting his opinoins! Give him a break, it doesn't sound like he's done anything illegal.

I am forced to stress about the lack of truely good 4WDs (at least Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution level performance). But the RB4 doesn't need 276hp to be a real joy to drive . All it needs is slightly more power and a much better orque curve, which hopefully would be rectified with better turbo modelling. I completely understand why AUDI S2 RB4 feels more piggy than its specs suggest thanks again to the torque curve.

Besides, a true rallycar and a couple of tracks to use them won't hurt either.
#11 - S0ul
man,this s2 police gets out of control
Quote from S0ul :man,this s2 police gets out of control

I agree with you.. If I claimed I have a cousin who owns the game, and were being pressurized to prove it, that wouldn't give me a great picture of the community..
My point exactly. I'm no business major, but I know what potential customers hate to hear. Lets stick to AUDI S2's topic. A more encouraging attitude to our community benefits all and hurts none.
Quote from frokki :I agree with you.. If I claimed I have a cousin who owns the game, and were being pressurized to prove it, that wouldn't give me a great picture of the community..

I know it's not nice for anyone but if someone can fairly easilly prove that they've got legit access then it removes the suspicion from the whole thread and makes the disscussion more meaningful.
#15 - Vain
If you think the license-status of the poster decides the validity of the discussion:
I think there is a car lacking in LFS that goes along the lines of an Mitsubishi Evolution or Subaru Impreza. I think about a car in the 300hp and 400 Nm range.
Also notice that I'm S2 licensed.

Now that you feel better, ajp, can we stay with the discussion now?

Vain
Quote from Vain :If you think the license-status of the poster decides the validity of the discussion:

Of course not but a demo poster posting about S2 content because he tried it on his mates computer is a known common excuse for crackers, all he has to do to prove he's not is to get his mate to post in this thread
Quote from ajp71 :Of course not but a demo poster posting about S2 content because he tried it on his mates computer is a known common excuse for crackers, all he has to do to prove he's not is to get his mate to post in this thread

Precisely. Personally, as he's not paid for the game himself, I question what right he has to be requesting or suggesting extra content. Bug reports, technical issues, etc - yes. But asking for content or features so he can benefit without paying?

Off-topicness aside, yes there is a 4WD Impreza/Evo-type car lacking in LFS. Then again, there's a lot of car types missing in LFS because LFS has one modeller & artist, and from what little we know of him, he's not super-human. If one were introduced it could be an interesting competitor to the LRF class, as long as this 4WD car isn't to LRF what FXO is to TBO.
Jamexing - I think we're all well aware about the current car issues in LFS. Talking about them at every opportunity, while good conversation for some, doesn't make Scawen get around to improving the situation any sooner.
Quote from ajp71 :Of course not but a demo poster posting about S2 content because he tried it on his mates computer is a known common excuse for crackers, all he has to do to prove he's not is to get his mate to post in this thread

Not everyone is a thief. And not everybody have to proove it to you. It's innocent, untill prove guilty, after all... Not the other way around illepall
To be absolutely blunt, I'm VERY sick about 2 things here. One is the constant "off topicness". The other is the tendency to get shot down if anyone makes an honest complaint about car peformance.

There's no way to prove it yet, but our fellow AUDI S2 might well be truthful. Think about it, LFS sells 2 (or more?) licenses per license payment. I'm not surprised if many people are sharing 1 license between 2 PCs. There's nothing illegal about that, is it!

Unless we can prove someone's a cracker, no baseless accusations should ever be thrown. It's about time people act more friendly and civilized.

And again I'm sick and tired of being shot down every time I make a statement about car performance or turbo modelling issues. If this perpetuates, consider me a lost future S3 customer.
it's against the license agreement to put your copy of S2 on another person's computer and leave it there, unlocked. Having LFS on two of your own computers is perfectly legal.

As to your suggestions for car performance, I agree with them wholeheartedly, but IMO they should stay in their own thread. I don't think anyone is flaming your suggestions, just the fact that they're not 100% related to this topic...
Finally guys, let's get back on topic. This topic is about the need for at least one Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution style car. However, I believe there are actually 2 possible solutions for such an ask.

First is to simply make an upgraded full rally version of the RB4, 300bhp, 1250kg weight, roll cage, progressive springs... All the goodies.

Or there could simply make a Lancer Evolution lookalike (can't use genuine names due to copyright issues) with very similiar performance to the real thing.

Either way is fine.
I wouldnt mind a few more mid powered cars, bored and waiting for more improvements, and also sick to death of the "omfgwtfbbq hes a hax0r!"
I think as time progresses more and more, i think the devs will rather add a new car or two than change old cars, because of the cars establishment with the community, and WR's and everyhting. I figure, everytime they change a cars performance, peoples WR's will be gone basicly.. But i agree, i also want a impreza / evo like car... Would be cool
Quote from djdolber :I think as time progresses more and more, i think the devs will rather add a new car or two than change old cars, because of the cars establishment with the community, and WR's and everyhting. I figure, everytime they change a cars performance, peoples WR's will be gone basicly..

The WRs get resetted because the physics changes which effect the times. And because the boards will get resetted anyway some tweaks might be done as attempt to balance the classes.

new cars, please
(27 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG