The online racing simulator
Occassional FPS hick-ups (pattern)
Hey everyone, I have a small problem with LFS.

Whenever I race (track and car do not affect this) the game runs 100% smooth. Even with multiple cars on the screen my framerate does not drop below 40 or so, and generally the framerate is at its pre-set max of 100.

However, seemingly every 3-5 minutes or so, my framerate drops down to 5-10 and the game crawls along as such for about 2-4 seconds. After this the game returns to its normal, smooth state.

I can't recall exactly when this problem started, or if I already had the problem when I first played the game, but it is frustrating when it occurs during an overtaking manouvre or a possible new PB on a hotlap.

It's possible that this is caused by a different program running in the background, but so far I haven't been able to track it down to any program I have running during my racing sessions. Has anyone else experienced the same thing?
#2 - Jakg
hmmmmm, what anti-virus do you have? close everything or run "Diagnostic Startup" from msconfig
No antivirus programs active, that's why it's confusing to me.
#4 - filur
Get a copy of Process Explorer, let it run while you race until you get one of these performance drops. You should be able to figure out which process is stealing precious CPU cycles from either hovering the mouse over the graph, or from the column CPU History (may need to enable the column from View -> Select Columns -> Process Performance).
Thanks, I'll look into that although I haven't had the problem yet today
Hi,
Either something is running in the background or something overheats.
You said you dont run antivirus and what about self-updating firewall,anti-spyware or similar programs?

Occassional FPS hick-ups (pattern)
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG