The online racing simulator
I have got a wheel!!!!!
(16 posts, started )
I have got a wheel!!!!!
Right, on Monday I had to go to Doncaster shopping with my mum and grandma (unbelievably boring) so I cheered myself up by trying to find a DFP. Looked round loads of shops, couldn't find one (in fact the only wheel I did find was 1 wheel for the XBOX in Game.(pretty rubbish place Doncaster, wheel-wise.)

Anyway I spent my £20 (yes I actually looked for a DFP with £20. Glad I didn't find one because I wouldn't be able to buy one) on series 3 of Friends (which I have to return anyway because 2 of the discs are the same)

Anyway, later that night I searched my wallet, pockets and I also found some buried in my rug in my bedroom, for money. I managed to find £12.50.

Tuesday we set off to go to the west midlands to go to the safari park on Wednesday. Before we went to the safari park we stopped off at a McDonalds in Telford for breakfast. (yes McD's for breakfast)

Anyway, the McD's was next to a shopping centre, we went in there to look for a bit and in Gamestation I found a Logitech Formula Vibration Force Feedback wheel for £15

Not exactly the one I wanted but it was cheap, for the PC, a wheel and made by Logitech.

So I bought it.
And because my sis got a cuddly toy at the safari park as a present, my mum said she'd pay the £15.

Anyway my verdict of how it is.
It's a tad plasticky (well alot plasticky)
It has suction pads to stick it to the desk, frankly, they're a bit shit.
I'd rather rest it on my lap.
12 programmable buttons which is cool.
Also has vibration force feedback or whatever so it really feels like i'm driving. Now all I need is a chair with vibration force feedback.
Padels behind the steering wheel. I have no gearstick but i'm not complaining because tbh i'd prefer the padels than the gearstick.
The pedals are ok but they're a bit cheap looking tbh.

But it works with LFS and I know have a wheel so I don't care.

It has already generated a problem though.

If I put the wheel straight it drifts slightly to the left [the car].

So I have to turn it slightly to the right to get the car to go in a straight line.
Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks
Mike
#2 - Gaas
Grats on the new wheel

Try to calibrate the wheel again and it may fix that problem
And calibrate it in the game aswell
What is calibrating?
Click "reclibrate controllers" in the menu, then turn the wheel all the way to the left and right. It should then be centered.
I used to have this problem with my 1st logitech driving force after a while as I was a bit rough with it to start with (Being new to the game it was opposite lock to opposite lock constantly) and after a while it would turn more to the right than the left so the calibration was a little off center.

So what you do is (when recalibrating) is take it to the side which u feel doesn't turn the most, then see if it has calibrated to the center, if not turn it to the other side and watch the red slider thing that shows how much your turning. When that reaches the bottom turn it a little bit more then see if it's centered. I hope you understand this but there's no easy way to explain it.

Btw, if it is becuase 1 side turns to much, don't turn it full that way as it will just put it off to the middle again.

Hope it helps.
Just FYI, vibration FF is not the same as real FF. That's why it was so cheap.
OK.

So where in LFS do i sort the calibration out.
#9 - Jakg
Quote from nutty boy :OK.

So where in LFS do i sort the calibration out.

options>controls...
Right. If the red slider thing is a bit to the left of the black bit how do I need to do it because i've been sat here for 10 minutes now trying to recalibrate it and it's not working.
Go to options / controls /axes near the bottom there is a button that says recalibrate axis, press this.
Fully depress the accelerator pedal then release .
Then depress/release brake pedal.
Turn the wheel to full lock left
Then full lock right (watching the axis on the right of the screen to see which one moves when you turn the wheel)
Turn the wheel to the centre .
Then click on the small 'c' next to the axis that moves with the wheel (usually axis x)
This is if you have the axis set up correctly

edit* then press YES button on calibration lock to keep the new settings
#12 - siLc
Nice toy U got nutty. I`ve got Logitech too (Formula GP Force Feedback). Hope to meet U online
Let me get this straight.... you bought a DVD of Friends? FRIENDS????
Why?

Oh yeah, Congrats on the wheel
No I didn't buy Friends I said something else.

Anyway I recalibrated it how you said, it worked until half way through the race when it broke again.
Quote from nutty boy :
Anyway I recalibrated it how you said, it worked until half way through the race when it broke again.

can you explain 'Broke' a little further??

also edited my post above to show how to lock the calibration
It broke because calibration had not been locked, thanks.

I have got a wheel!!!!!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG