The online racing simulator
Saying Hi! ...and a DFP question. :)
Hi All,

First post. I live in the UK and I have had LFS for a while and its simply awesome. I love the GTi, handles just like my 205 road/track car. Plenty of LOO. (Lift off Oversteer). Just overall so realistic. Infact I got the link for the sim from 205gtidrivers.com.

Anyways..

I have got fairly good with the mouse and keyboard, but have just invested in a Driving Force Pro to make the best of the game as it seems recomended on here.

So far I have set it up the best I can using info from the search on here. I just have one niggle.

The force feedback feels like it's driving the car for me. For example if get it sideways the wheels wants to automatically counter steer for me. Sometimes driving down the straight it wants to adjust my path.
Is this normal? Have I missed a setting for self correction or self centering? Should I try no FF for a while?

I have set the Wheel Turn Compensation to 0.

Thanks in advance.
#2 - Jakg
set centring spring and damper to 0% as LFS does these effects better itself

EDIT - you do this in Game Controllers in control panel
Quote from Jakg :set centring spring and damper to 0% as LFS does these effects better itself

EDIT - you do this in Game Controllers in control panel

[sarcasm] No, you do it in printer settings [/sarcasm]

Welcome to the world of the DFP, and expect to get annoyed with the rubber coming off the wheel and going all over your hands
Cheers guys, but already tried that.
Quote from Butler205 :Cheers guys, but already tried that.

Checklist:

Plugged in (USB and mains socket)

Latest drivers

Correct settings

When connecting wheel to computer it automatically does that funny spinny thing it does

Other than that i don't know what the solution could be...
check the link in my sig and the search button for any more questions

yeah the powder goes away after a while. you can wipe the dfp down with a damn cloth if you want. just not too damp
#7 - Jakg
Quote from Spudster :[sarcasm] No, you do it in printer settings [/sarcasm]

you never know how literate people are with PC's
Quote from Spudster :Checklist:

Plugged in (USB and mains socket)

Latest drivers

Correct settings

When connecting wheel to computer it automatically does that funny spinny thing it does

Other than that i don't know what the solution could be...

youread the post? there is no problem, it just doesnt feel.. right for him
Turbo quick replies!!

Yep done all that, including the sig link which i had saved before i bought the wheel.

Maybe its just me, I'll fiddle with the settings and see how it goes. I'll be in touch.

Cheers
Well t he auto counter steer is true to real life, most obvious example is drifters when they let go of the wheel and let it spin and then catch it again.

On the straight how do you mean it changes your direction? Do you mean if you let go it starts to weave left and right? Cause that just seems to be a limitation of the ffb technology. If its something else then i dont know, sorry.
the ffb technology itself for the dfp and all the wheels before and made closely afterwards arent advanced enough to simulate an actual steering wheel 100% (i dunno how much is mechanical and how much is software limited.. i'm guessing mostly hardware). the g25 should be considerably quieter and more precise ffb due to the dual motors.
Probably right, maybe I am expectating too much from the FFB as the rest of the game is so good. I'll reduce the FFB right down, get used the wheel and bring it back up gradually. I know cars with lots of castor self centre a lot.
yeah i use 100% in profiler and 50% ingame.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG